Changes to the ModMode plugin

totemo

(Public Mod Chat)

While working on some other plugins recently I've become aware that the way that ModMode changes player state actually causes much more severe problems than I originally thought. So I went ahead last night and rewrote ModMode again using a much more conservative mechanism for switching modes.  Testing has been without incident and I will be rolling out the new version on all the servers today.

No specific action is required from staff.  As a precaution, I will be backing up staff player data from the moment just before the new plugin is installed.  If there is a problem with the new plugin that somehow slips through the net, we'll be able to restore your player data.

Note that on the first use of ModMode you will need to clear your inventory and empty out your ModMode ender chest (remove the items from the ender chest and do /ci). Be very certain that you are in ModMode when you do this. :)

The most significant difference you will notice is less glitchiness when a ModMode state change causes you to move from one world to another.  Other than that, there should be no significant differences.

Still unresolved issues:

• I'm informed that the LogBlock toolblock is still being disabled when you pass through a portal.  I believe that to be unrelated to the ModMode code and either a configuration issue or a problem with bPermissions.  I will investigate it further in due course.
  • Seeing other vanished moderators may still require that you relog.  This could also be bPermissions or could be something to do with how I'm (mis-)using the undocumented VanishNoPacket API.
  • I suspect that sometimes moderators still don't get their full permissions when changing mode.

I hope to install a later version of bPermissions soon after I've tested it privately.

• Upvote 7