[PMC] Reviving the MCPublic twitter account

Judge Dread

It seems this account hasn't been used in about 3 months or so, and before that It was mostly used for server status. I was wondering if we should expand on it's uses. For example using it to announce arenas on S or build events on C. People also like to complain about transparency so perhaps something to do there (No idea what but just thought I would bring it up). Any suggestions or shall we let it die in peace?

In the past, I believe it was mostly Lude doing the updates, and it was done from the IRC via a bot. I don't think we have the bot anymore, and not sure who has the login info to do it that way. Also, I think it was only a head admin thing (since it was mainly for server status messages). I think it would be great to have it active, and even if server admins had access via another IRC bot. I know I'd use it to update for server related events.

*EDIT* Went ahead and sent a PM to Lude to see if we can retrieve the login info

In the past, I believe it was mostly Lude doing the updates, and it was done from the IRC via a bot. I don't think we have the bot anymore, and not sure who has the login info to do it that way. Also, I think it was only a head admin thing (since it was mainly for server status messages). I think it would be great to have it active, and even if server admins had access via another IRC bot. I know I'd use it to update for server related events.

*EDIT* Went ahead and sent a PM to Lude to see if we can retrieve the login info

Yea, the bot/account was mostly for times for when the servers were down and we'd post updates. I'm not sure if lude checks things around here anymore tbh. I can try poking him outside nerd channels if you don't hear back.

As for allowing server admins access to it for server event announcements, I like the idea. #creativecontest and the like.

#hospitalinsomniapost :)

Guest Former Staff

As mentioned quickly in passing on IRC with Denevien. I support the use of the twitter account for server admins too. In addition to trying to keep people updated with quick server updates, we can fully utilise announcements for events of all shapes and sizes, alongside the forum calendar.