Conflicting Mines

Darkelmo

Hey guys, I just had a quick question regarding minning.

As I'm sure many of you are aware of this, Digging a mine under a house that is not in the middle of nowhere without comming across others mines is very unlikely. I do tend to enjoy having a mine right under my house but when I run into others shafts which effectively go in all sorts of crazy directions, how do I go about making my own tunnels without ruining theirs? Most of the time they won't use all of their tunnels more than once but what if they have a secret grinder or something that I keep blocking their path to with my over tunnel. I have a fear of getting reported for grief after filling a tunnel below me with two blocks so I can travel over it. What is acceptable and what isn't? and if I didn't want people screwing with my tunnels, how would I go about protecting it. Could I?

I'll leave it with you guys for there are the wiser than I among thee

Thanks all,

-Dark

If you do make an edit they don't like you'll most likely find it reverted

Unless the mineshaft runs through something that is clearly marked as part of a base it will most likely not be reverted. With such a small distance between bases near spawn and such a high number of mineshafts branching off each base, it is nearly impossible for a player to determine which shaft belongs to which base. 

• Upvote 1