PvE Admin Question Thread

buzzie71

What is your favorite thing about being a padmin?

Personally, mine is seeing the empty landscape be molded into the custom terrain we use, spawn being installed, and slowly developing to not just a collection of builds, but some kind of country. It is a diverse community of ideals, styles, languages, etc. Seeing the enjoyment in chat when players first see the map, and also when they first see any new event we throw at them. I didn't make the game, but I helped bring the map that lead to everyone's pleasure. That is my favorite thing about being a PAdmin.

• Upvote 1

How does one become a buzzie? Does it require certain skills? Seriously though, how do you get this awesome?

No idea :S.

and aside from helping buzzie ego, this is related to another current post on here, but do you think the auto locking chests on PvE are a real possibility or just a maybe?

I don't know how it helps buzzie ego, but check this out and make your choice at the opinion poll: https://nerd.nu/forum/index.php?/topic/118-automatic-locking-of-containers-chests-furnaces-etc-on-p-not-s/

Not accounting for the current poll results at the moment, enabling auto-locking chests is up in the air at the moment; that will be guided by staff discussion as well as the thread discussion/poll results.  I would say, though, that this is seriously being considered (ie, we didn't decide to throw out the suggestion five days ago).

EDIT: It's live on P now!

What is your favorite thing about being a padmin?

Fast answer: P.

Fancy answer: Though PvE itself is unarguably a virtual world, I would argue the community that has arisen from it is very much real - a diverse one that came about simply from the premise of playing blocks together.  In my opinion it is one of the best communities out in cyberspace, and I am honored to help make the server a fun place to be...admittedly if it includes being chased.

• Upvote 1

Okay i got questions for you so just take a seat over there, please let buzzie sit in the one with the red cross on it.

1. Which Minecraftmod do you thing would be a nice addon for the servers ?
  2. Do you want some tea ?
  3. Which P Revision do you think was the best so far and why ?
  4. If i had to choose either to safe buzzie from a falling anvil or to get a new car, which color do you think would look good ?
  5. Do you miss the old times of Pve sometimes?
  6. How do you think we could get the Users more involved with the servers?
  7. Have you ever noticed that Zombie villagers look alot like Squidward :ZombieVillager: ?
  8. Buzzie did you notice the falling Anvil above your Head ?
  9. Can we get Spongebob and patrick as a smilie too ?
  10. I have noticed that a lot of users get banned but not all of them Appeal their bans, what is your oppinion on an automatical Unban process lets say after 3 months which also adds a note to the user so the mods could still see that he was banned ?
  11. If you could add a Block/Item/mob to Minecraft what kind of block/item/mob would you add and Why ?

Okay i got questions for you so just take a seat over there, please let buzzie sit in the one with the red cross on it.

1. Which Minecraftmod do you thing would be a nice addon for the servers ?
  2. Do you want some tea ?
  3. Which P Revision do you think was the best so far and why ?
  4. If i had to choose either to safe buzzie from a falling anvil or to get a new car, which color do you think would look good ?
  5. Do you miss the old times of Pve sometimes?
  6. How do you think we could get the Users more involved with the servers?
  7. Have you ever noticed that Zombie villagers look alot like Squidward :ZombieVillager: ?
  8. Buzzie did you notice the falling Anvil above your Head ?
  9. Can we get Spongebob and patrick as a smilie too ?
  10. I have noticed that a lot of users get banned but not all of them Appeal their bans, what is your oppinion on an automatical Unban process lets say after 3 months which also adds a note to the user so the mods could still see that he was banned ?
  11. If you could add a Block/Item/mob to Minecraft what kind of block/item/mob would you add and Why ?

1. In terms of a new server plugin?  I'm unsure, and would admittedly be hesitant to add one that doesn't only make moderating easier (though if you have an idea, definitely suggest it and we can look into it!).  I will mention that on my brief forays into other servers, the plugin that allows players to sit on stair blocks was my favorite.

2. What is this strange concoction you call tea?  It better not be one of those Nausea Potions that I got when I did /gin.

3. teddylover had a similar question, which I answered on the previous page.  To summarize though, in terms of moderating/staffing I didn't have any favorites in particular (maybe r11), but in terms of gameplay, r7 and r9 are hands down my best.

4. Get a blue one.  I get squashed so many times, once more won't matter much.

5. I don't see anything fundamentally different about gameplay as the revs pass, other than the updates from Mojang.  But players come and go, and in the last year that I've been here, I've seen players who I've enjoyed playing with suddenly disappear into the annals of time, becoming old legends in my history book.  Certainly I wish they would come back (or see them again somewhere else), and that would likely be the only reason I would "miss the old times".  But in the end, I suppose, legends will stay legends, and the only way to go from there is onwards.

6. Suggest and participate in all the things!  Especially suggestions - we cannot begin considering how to act on an issue we don't know about.  We, as staff, try to think about new policy pretty thoroughly before enacting it, but we aren't omniscient and will invariably miss something.  If you see something you feel is not right, or if you have suggestions for the server, please please contact us so we can look into it.  I honestly cannot stress this enough.  Send an email to admins@nerd.nu, PM us on the forums or subreddit, make a post in the forums, tell a mod and (nicely) ask the mod to bring it to the rest of staff, whatever allows you to be heard.  (Just please don't make a post on the subreddit, that place is pretty lousy for discussions.)  

Also, if you see a build contest for anything - arenas on S, decorative builds on P to name a few - build!  It might make it into a new official revision, and then you can tell everyone that you built part of the map :D.

7. I know if I debuff a bunch of them with Weakness and feed them all Golden Apples, one of them is bound to sell me diamond gear.  What they look like is amusing, but irrelevant.

8. We are on c.nerd.nu, are we not? I believe that anvil that got caught in the cobweb overhead was forcibly despawned by the server :D.

9. As someone who hasn't looked at the smilies here, I do not know.  Perhaps the techs can help you in that regard.

10. My opinion is that we don't need an auto-unbanning process.  If banned players want to return to the servers, the appealing avenue is always open to them, and provided their ban reason was not severe, more than likely we will unban pretty quickly.

11. As a water-dweller, something that makes the oceans more interesting - coral reefs, colorful fish, even hostile sharks maybe.  The ocean is currently bland and tranquil; it could use a bit of color and danger.
  • Upvote 1

WHat's your fav town on p from each rev?

Rev 6: Agua Fria and Pleasantville

Rev 7: Pico

Rev 8: Deorne

Rev 9: Had some IRL stuff going so didn't play as much as I wanted, so I guess Lothos

Rev 10: Spawn (Cause I built it). Also, Pearl Islands

Rev 11: Have not decided yet. I do like Atlantis though

WHat's your fav town on p from each rev?

Rev 7: New Argoth

Rev 8: Argoth

Rev 9: Argoth

Rev 10: NE Seneca

Rev 11: Argoth

...seriously though, don't really have favorite towns; the ones I see are all impressive to me :D

Rev 6: Agua Fria and Pleasantville

Rev 7: Pico

Rev 8: Deorne

Rev 9: Had some IRL stuff going so didn't play as much as I wanted, so I guess Lothos

Rev 10: Spawn (Cause I built it). Also, Pearl Islands

Rev 11: Have not decided yet. I do like Atlantis though

It's good you have a variety cause they're obviously not made by the same people.

Rev 7: New Argoth

Rev 8: Argoth

Rev 9: Argoth

Rev 10: NE Seneca

Rev 11: Argoth

...seriously though, don't really have favorite towns; the ones I see are all impressive to me :D

I want 2nd favourite ones since 4/5 of them are Argoth

• 9 months later...

Do you have any ideas to make pve testing areas into a more friendly and welcoming area on C?

Ooo I can answer these now. To be honest, I've never even thought of the idea. This would have to be totally up to the cadmins, but I think PvE players would appreciate having a general test builds area (regardless of where the final build is going) similar to the redstone towers and pixel art area. I know I feel a bit guilty when I just have to plan part of a building, leaving it unfinished. I typically just try to stay away from others' builds when doing this, but a build planning area for C could be really nice.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sneaky sneaky Zburd.

My favorite is haven. Which I am not in since I am at work and therefore can't be in until later :)

Really I like all the towns for different reasons. Some are really good at resource production and sharing, others have really beautiful builds that I can only hope to copy via stealing with a schematic, and others are really good at being open and friendly (not to say everyone's doesn't fall into a little bit of each). To see so many people cooperating and building so many cool things is really impressive.

(Also Zburd I'm not picking one town because I don't want to make solace mad when I pick a town who hasn't griefed my rails <3)

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...