[PMC] Event Map Idea

Denevien

So, I was thinking of ideas for event maps, just as something different from CTF. My idea builds off two previous events that some of you may or may not remember.

First, for those on staff at the time, we had a staff "picnic". This was a semi-sphere island floating over an abyss, but had bare necessities. We were able to make tree farms for charcoal, sand generators, and cobble generators. It was fun building out of such little resources.

The other event was a build competition where everyone was given a small floating island over a void. The islands were kinda close, but still had some space between them.

What I want to do is merge these two ideas. I want many small islands that have essentials spread out on different islands. If we could get it so players spawned on random islands, that would be best. That way, you have to build to other islands, and work with other players to build things.

Now, I think this would run best with two servers: one for PvP, one for PvE. Possibly use a lobby with some preset warps to different corners of the map.

Thoughts, comments, and suggestions would all be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

I like it. And I like the idea of catering to the PvP'ers without forcing the PvE'ers to be the victims.

Vaguely similar in concept to the Skygrid event idea I've been rambling on about lately.  The similarity being that in both cases players start with random locations and the focus is on the early part of the game - levelling up from nothing - since that is the best part of the game.

Background: Etho's skygrid map:

• Upvote 1