hoginthefog [Cyotie911]

hoginthefog

Hello,

Apparently, I've been banned for x-raying but I don't have any idea why that would be.

I've never used any cheats, hacks, etc...

The only thing I can think of that might look suspicious is that I sometimes cover my tracks with stone when mining near my base so that it is harder to find.

If this isn't the reason for my ban, please give me some more details. 

Thanks,

hoginthefog 

Covering your tracks with cobble is fine.  I banned you because in three different instances today you dug straight to diamonds.  These were not found because you were strip mining.  You also managed to find a total of 30 diamond ore in a matter of 5 minutes which would never be possible without having some sort of xray decection.  I can take the time to post screenshots later.  I have also had other staff members look into this and we both came to the same conclusion.  Honesty is always the best policy so take some time to reclarify your story.

I'm being honest, it must be dumb luck.

You should understand that I was covering my tracks with stone, not cobble.

I was strip mining randomly within a hundred blocks or so of my tree base.

I was using a diamond pick axe with a level 3 speed enchantment which contributed to the "30 diamond ore in 5 minutes."

Sorry if I'm being defensive but I don't need to look at screenshots to know that I haven't done anything wrong.

I'm not going to fake an apology and ask for forgiveness for something I haven't done.

You can accept that it is possible (because apparently it is) or you can lose an honest player.

Okay, here's the edits that are an indication that you were xraying:

ET2yRT1.png

The above picture is where you dug down from your tunnel to diamonds.  There was no reason for you to do this other than to collect the diamonds you knew were there.

gIIhMWq.png

This is a picture of the diamonds that you dug down to.

e40YdYk.png

The above is another place that you dug off of one of your tunnels.

X4Jyyoo.png

You continued down this path and then turned left.

uIV0uQ9.png

After you turned left you dug straight towards another 2 groups of diamonds.

iRmxGaB.png

Here's a better picture of the 2 clumps of diamonds.

There are more groups that you mined straight to but I'm not going to bother to post more of the same.  This has been looked at by multiple staff members and has been concluded that there is no way you could have done this without xraying.

You are banned for one month.  Feel free to reappeal on the 24th of January 2014. 

You're only allowed to dig in straight lines for miles? I always twist and turn to keep within a distance of my base and occasionally dig up and down when I come across other ores or just because. Those screen shots are only evidence that I did mine those diamonds. 

I have been honest about everything I've told you and don't think there's anything left for me to say.