Krimbo [barneygale]

Krimbo

Hello,

I have recently decided to apply for a whitelisted server - to which I was told I had some bans on my account and could not join. He proceeded to send me a link to fishbans, a website which I didn't even know existed and it turns out that I have three bans from servers I have never heard of, never-mind log in to myself. This really upset me since I have been embarrassed by things I have been labelled of doing that I have not physically done.

The ban from your server is labelled "Compromised Account". I went through a phase last year where my skin was changing itself and I kept having to recover my Mojang account, I have no clue at all how anybody managed to get into my account since I am very careful and know enough about computers to avoid virus' etc, but someone evidently managed to hack my Minecraft account and apparently done some damage to three servers.

Now, I'm sure you have plenty of people appeal bans by saying their account was hacked, but this is the gods honest truth. I am 20 years old, I don't spend my time acting like a fool on Minecraft servers. I have ran several servers myself and helped to run a handful - I certainly don't behave in a manner that would receive a ban. Again, it was labelled as "Compromised Account", so I presume you some how know my account was hacked, which I am quite intrigued by how you knew.

Anyway, you are the first server I have written to about these three unknown bans and I hope you can understand my situation. I am unable to join a server that I thoroughly want to play on because of some hackers actions. I have a split mind about fishbans and mcbans, since they obviously catch innocent players and now I have to try to contact servers that don't exist anymore to get my ban removed, so I don't know how I am going to solve that one yet. It's a real shame.

Thank you for your time,

Krimbo/Jamie.

EDIT: After reading a couple of other peoples ban appeals, I feel I have written too much. Apologies for the work.

Edited by Krimbo

Hello Krimbo.

Going to try to adddress all your concerns. First off don't worry, plenty of people have had to appeal here after their account was compromised. As for how we knew, I was not the person who banned you so I cannot say for sure. However sometimes lists of compromised accounts are posted online, and it's possible that your name was on a list. Your other MCBouncer ban is from an active server, so I think you should be ok appealing your ban there. When it comes to bans from inactive servers, I'd try to contact the banning service that was used. I'm not sure how responsive they will be, but that seems like the next best option if the server that banned you isn't around anymore to respond. Good luck with clearing the rest, and let me know if you have any questions.

Now as for getting you unbanned here, typically I just ask players to reset their password, read our rules, then reply here stating that they understand and will follow them. Since you seem to be on top of getting your account secure you've likely already changed your password. So please read the rules here to be unbanned.

Ban information:

Ban for krimbo on c.nerd.nu for compromised account by barneygale on 2012-08-25 20:19:53 (1 more bans, no notes)

Hello Krimbo.

Going to try to adddress all your concerns. First off don't worry, plenty of people have had to appeal here after their account was compromised. As for how we knew, I was not the person who banned you so I cannot say for sure. However sometimes lists of compromised accounts are posted online, and it's possible that your name was on a list. Your other MCBouncer ban is from an active server, so I think you should be ok appealing your ban there. When it comes to bans from inactive servers, I'd try to contact the banning service that was used. I'm not sure how responsive they will be, but that seems like the next best option if the server that banned you isn't around anymore to respond. Good luck with clearing the rest, and let me know if you have any questions.

Now as for getting you unbanned here, typically I just ask players to reset their password, read our rules, then reply here stating that they understand and will follow them. Since you seem to be on top of getting your account secure you've likely already changed your password. So please read the rules here to be unbanned.

Ban information:

Ban for krimbo on c.nerd.nu for compromised account by barneygale on 2012-08-25 20:19:53 (1 more bans, no notes)

Hello kitcarbear,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I managed to get in contact with the third ban but it seems he has just read my message and has decided to ignore me sadly. Some people just aren't mature enough to run a game-server and sadly the fate of my innocence is in the hands of a young teenager. 

The second ban has been answered to however, and you have also replied to this one so I thank you for that. I have reset my password again today anyway, but the ban was from 2012 and I haven't had my account compromised within the last year but yes my account is safe now. I have read the rules you linked, I didn't realize what a professional server you run so I may consider playing.

Anyway, thank you for your time. If this is solved could you please remove the ban from any websites it appears on or will it be automatic? I didn't know about MCBouncer until you mentioned, I found the ban on fishbans. 

Thanks again,

Krimbo/Jamie.

Glad to hear your account is secure. We'll welcome you here if you choose to play, but if not I wish you luck with working things out with the initial server you were trying to become whitelisted on. I've just unbanned you, so your ban for this server is no longer on MCBouncer or FishBans. I'm going to close this appeal now since it's resolved, but if you have any other questions feel free to use the forum's messenger to shoot me a PM.