[PMC] A Small Reminder

djt832

Simply put, the forum discussions have been a bit of a mess lately. This can be extremely frustrating for us as staff members. However, we need to remember to hold ourselves to a higher standard. I fear that recently, we have let some of our expectations slip when responding to posts. I am not trying to point fingers at anyone, we have all been guilty of this. Here are some excerpts from the "Expectations for Staff" post in mod chat that I think would do us all some good to look over.

"We expect you to act professionally in all matters, even if you feel the person or people you are conversing with are not reciprocating. We expect a certain standard of conduct from our staff in serving players and dealing with each other. If there is a situation that you don't feel you can handle, defuse the conflict by deferring to an admin or another moderator. It's better to log out for a bit than to lose your temper."

"The most important thing to remember: If you find a debate getting heated, and you feel you unable to remain respectful to whomever you are speaking (whether it be a fellow staff member or any member of our community), it may be best to remove yourself from the conversation."

"When you become a staff member here at Nerd.nu you become a representative of our staff. This means that your actions also become a representation of us. Your professionalism will have to come into play not only while in a moderating position, but also when you are just playing the game. Users recognize our staff as being staff while on the server and they expect us to act professional at all time. This doesn't mean that you can't have fun, and laugh and joke. What is does mean is that you can't get into a big, name calling, hateful argument on the server. People will hold us to a higher standard and will end up losing respect for the staff if this were to happen. If this is a problem for you, then being part of our staff may not be the right fit for you."

And probably my favorite,

"We're playing a game of blocks."

• Upvote 10