[PMC] Etiquette

I've been meaning to put this topic up for a while now based on posts / comments that people have made in the private areas (such as this) and in public areas of our community.

I would like to ensure that our community remains an environment where people can feel confident putting forward new or revised ideas and want to ask that if you see an idea that you don't agree with and maybe even feel the idea is stupid, please consider, before replying, that the original poster took time out of their day to put the idea forward in the first place. No voice is more important than any other and it's only as a collective, with constructive feedback that our opinions become validated.

Following onto content that is mentioned in private areas, from mumble to this forum section. Sharing such content prematurely and publicly leads to issues in the community such as a backlash for finding out details before they have been properly constructed into a news post or even change the course of a moderator nomination vote. I'd like to think that our communication is improving but we still have some ways to go. Should there be anything in a private area that you'd like to see in a public area, please just ask and we'll do everything we can to make the content public, or if we can't, we'll help to explain why that is.

In short, encourage people who contribute ideas, don't mock them and contact a head admin if there are private discussions that you'd like to see become public.