Incantations

ROCKONN

Working on a system of spells based on something I dreamt last night. 4 incantations stuck with me:
+I call upon the wind! Class 2, 15 twisters encircling the target in even intervals!! Tornado!
+I call upon forged earth! Class 1, magnetic field to the designated objects! Come!
+Flames hear my cry! Class 4, solids into flame! Charge!
+I call upon the flames! Class 1, a blade to burn through the forms of my foes! Strike them down!

The pattern I've come up with essentially goes: Element, Power & Form, Action
Things I have worked out from this so far:
-If its the user's element, they have an easier time casting higher level incantations
-If they've used something like the desired spell in the past, it becomes easier to use
-If there is a catalyst for the element used, it not only becomes easier to use but easier to maintain
-If the incantation or purpose is a new one, not only does there need to be a more described incantation, but there must be a CLEAR objective
-The more one is proficient with an element, action, or if they just have the raw talent/imagination, the less specific they need to be, with obvious exceptions (do this, then this on this extremely small scale, then these other actions)

Further elaboration on the incantations:
+The first is used by the mother, an experienced Wind mage, in an extreme circumstance
+The second is used by the father, an experienced Earth/Fire mage, as a joke with one of his sons. He pulled 25 shopping carts into a ring around their car, stacking them together in groups of 5.
+The third is used by the younger son, during the sons' first training exercise. He used it to transform a large, hiltless metal blade into a kind of board, riding it down a mountain & using it to cut down objects. By using it, I don't mean colliding with the objects, i mean jumping up, swinging the sword, then putting it back down & continuing to ride it before hitting the ground. The blade's shape remained the same, the tip basically became a stream of fire.
+The fourth is used by the older son, during the sons' first training exercise. He used it on a to create a blade of magma, which hardened, cracked, and became a red-stained longsword, its blade ornate & jagged on the rear side. This son just runs down the mountain after his younger brother.

+The training exercise was really more of a "go wild, have fun with fire kids!" kind of thing.

Every mage has a weapon of some sort, which they create or adapt to themselves. It can be broken down into nothingness, and reformed in the same image. It cannot become another weapon. It can change its shape for a limited time, but always returns to its normal shape. The weapon is the shape of the soul.

If you can think of other rules to these patterns, or have ones of your own, I'm open to ideas.

• Upvote 1

You can change the elements, To Courage, Wisdom, and power- Wait... Sorry. I think each weilder of the weapon shoild have a title, (Hero of Winds,...Etc.) And each one should have as much power as the other one. Like the Lord of The Rings and Zelda you need all the pieces or the majority to have full power. So theres that.

Well see, thing about that is that there isn't a way to express courage or wisdom, and power is way too vauge. The idea is, and I really should've clarified more, that everyone's proficient with a certain element. They can use their own element in a variety of ways, but it always has some kind of physical reaction. These people aren't special.... well by their own standards at least. They're a "normal" family, from an alternate reality, taking refuge in our own. Up until the point of the release of magic into our world from the other, the sons have NO idea about their parents real past. At the point of magical release, wierd things start happening around them, unobserved by their surrounding peers. So, back on track, physical expressions, no one special (maybe the parents, thinking about it, also have an idea later on for a Warlock of the Wastes, an eternally young man). Some people are born with more ability than others. At this point, it appears that the younger son is FAR more talented than the older son.

Any ideas on spells? Just general ideas, doesn't need to be in the format, though a class level would be nice. Classes can go up to a level of 6 at this point. Hesitent about using the number 7, as it's a two syllable letter.