Tyrangiels [forty_two]

Tyrangiels

theClefe and I were working on spawn railway connector station which we were going to finish today and reconnect the railway which had a piece going through the planned area.  theClefe told me  we had received permission for this from mods and that it was ok to temporarily put the other line out of order since we would connect it to the rail station when we finished today. I put both theClefe and my name on a sign at the beginning of the rail for the owner to contact if there were any questions.  

Let me know if you havev any questions.

Tyrangiels

As this ban was recently made despite a conversation I had with the banning mod, I feel inclined to advocate on Tyrangiels behalf.  His ban for "Griefing railway, formed player trap" is a diservice to this dedicated player.  Tyrangiels is working alongside me on a regional railway station project near player forty_two's personal rail line.  It is a project that will connect many communities and players in the Southeast part of the map.  A small area of this project encroaches on forty_two's line, but given the nature of the project and the assumed goal of his line, it is believed that the project would be benificial at best, or of little consquence at worse.

The responsibitly for this player trap and griefing falls on my shoulders alone.  Tryangiels is a productive player and an asset to this server.  In this instance, he was working at my direction.  He had every reason to believe, given the coordination I've done with many of the cities in the region and the nature and selflessness of the project, that I had or was capable of organizing and informing the parties affected. 

As one of those of us who log hundreds of hours digging rails, connecting cities and making life a little more convienent for nerd players, I can sympathize with forty_two's initial anger and frustration.  At first blush, Tryangiels did do signifigant alterations to the line.  As a result of some miscommunication, he did remove pieces of rail that weren't intended to be removed.  However, as someone who has toiled underground for gamedays on end, one must also understand that there needs to be flexability acheive the complex, intergrated network we have in this rev.  It can't be done otherwise.  The intent of this "griefing" should be taken in context, not as a determental act.

While I'm dissappointed with forty_two's decision, if a ban is truly neccesary in this instance, I strongly urge the first mod to view this appeal to transfer the ban to my account.  Tryangiels should not be punished by an expulsion from the server for days, hours or even minutes because of my decision.  Despite being one of the most active players the last two revs, I'm a quiet guy.  I don't expect everyone on the server to know me and the work I've done. His track record this rev, and my work the last two should more than warrant such an exception.

We have a lot of great people on this server.  Tryangiels is one of them.

You did grief, and you did make my railway into something which only didn't kill me because of a bit of luck. There was no real attempt to contact me before this occurred or after (There's many ways to do so, including /mail, IRC, Reddit, and this forum). Please do not repeat such behaviour, it goes against what this server is about.

However, as I told theclefe this ban was primarily meant to deliver this message, your edits have not been rolled back as would otherwise have occurred. I will therefore unban you within the next few minutes.