[PMC] Just a few miscellaneous posts from the old forums.

Mrloud15

So I don't spam MPC with a bunch of little posts from the old forums, I will be posting them here as comments. 

I will be mostly doing this to fix links in other posts or docs so new mods can see them.

Edit: Thought there was more, but it looks like I was wrong.

A reminder about Broadcast and layered protections. 

By thrawn21

Ello guys, this is mostly pertaining to P, but I just wanted to remind everyone to please only use Broadcast in a very professional manner. Stuff like this is not really acceptable: 

"/broadcast You will listen to ****** too. He is my son" 
"/broadcast Because i want to entertain ******" 
"/broadcast But i like rain" 
"/broadcast No, you didnt like my rain so you wont get anymore" 
"/broadcast Hello my son" 
"/broadcast Everybody chill... I got this... lol jk... I'm running too." 

Yes, PvErs can get a bit silly in their Hail Broadcasts, but please don't turn this really useful tool into a joke. 

The second thing that I wanted to remind you all of is to please avoid creating unnecessary layers of protections. When a player reqs for their house to be protected, and they're already under a town's region, please tell them to contact their region owners first. Most places do not need more than one layer of protection, unless it would be a mess to clean up (like a lava and glass roof) or it's a hot target for greifing (diamond blocks, ect.). 

Thanks guys 

---

Comment by thrawn21 

Bumping this as I had a mod ask me earlier about closing reqs for protections inside of towns. 

Don't close the req just saying "No," for layered protections are not forbidden, just generally not needed. Tell them that their build is already protected, and have them ask their region owners (mayors) to req for the additional protection. The one exception here is if the req is for some obvious high-target, like the ore blocks in beacons, which may need that extra layer. 

---

Comment by Barlimore 

And in the event that you moderate on a different server, or aren't too familiar with certain requests on P then ask for help. 

I found this out the other day. Other staff are always helpful, provided they aren't sitting in an afk box.