gizzletinks [ROCKONN]

Gizzletinks

First off I want a head admin to deal with this mod abuse. I joined the nether and my FPS was lagging to about 2 FPS, and not being able to do anything I got off, not being able to see anything either since the chunks haden't loaded, what I ddin't know is someone had been running at me, and then when I logged back in Rockonn teleported me back to the place I logged out atwhenever I ran off until geta got there so I logged back off since thats obvious mod abuse. On nerd.nu/rules it says 

• Using login as a function of PvP is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Logging off while engaged in combat.
    • Relogging to gain an advantage such as invulnerability for PvP or to prevent fall damage while being chased.
    • Timing logins to attack players at specific locations.
    • Playing with multiple accounts to give yourself a PvP-related advantage
    • Users who do any of these may get warned by a mod or kicked/banned by an admin.

Since we have a combat logging pluggin what is need for this? I was not engaged in combat since the combat logger plugin "Spawns and NPC if a player logs out while engaged in combat that shares their inventory and can be killed." Meaning If I had combat logged I would have spawned an NPC.

Also my friend whiteturbo got a warning on mcbouncer for assisting me. it states He assisted me in "Combat logging", even thought there is no way he could have done that while he was in the overworld and I was in the nether. Whiteturbo then told him that he didn't and rockonn said he did. Then whiteturbo gave him a SS of our skype chat, which had nothing of it of him assisting me, and rockon told whiteturbo he doesn't care.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a C mod- we are moderators for our servers, plural. While I may be inclined to play on C more, that in no way means that I do not have a grasp on the rules pertaining to all of our servers.

After a report from Getafever for combat logging/logging to avoid combat, several mods, myself included, went to watch over your last known location. While there, we noted that the player whiteturbo made recurring trips to the area, never to get any items, but just to pass through & back the same way. 3 such trips were made. After the third, we asked Getafever to leave the area, afterwards you logged back in. Immediately, I sought to get your attention- first through the chat, then through unvanishing in modmode & teleporting you back to your location. My intention was to give you a warning, but that was ignored as you attempted to go on your merry way. After a brief exchange with another moderator, we decided that the best course of action was simply to ban you for what was obviously combat logging/logging to avoid combat, since you refused to listen when you were addressed.

Whiteturbo has received a warning for assisting you in combat logging. Your communication with him was made clear first by his own admittance in chat, then with the following "proof" that he hadn't been helping you: http://puu.sh/5WEnY.jpg, not to mention the numerous trips he made to the area during your vacation from combat.

I might add that in the provided "proof" you stated "i wasn't even in combat," "i logged before he got to me."

This goes against your claim in this appeal that "I ddin't know is someone had been running at me"

I should also point out that if you were reading the chat box, and if you saw I was teleporting you back to the same location, you would've seen that I was calling your name in chat & responded.

Ok, ill admit I should have waited and looked around before I left because my game was lagging and chunks weren't loading, and I'll take any punishment for that, But I wan't to clear whiteturbo because he had absolutely no play in this. As you can see, in the begining of the conversation, he is talking about the huge lag spike earlier today were everyone was disconnected, between that, nothing happens, then, he says rockonn wants to talk to you, He doesn't give me any information whatsoever to assist me. I'm not sure what your saying about whiteturbos admitance. Also, I did say I wasn't in combat, and I logged before he got to me, because I did, and I was never in combat, and didn't even know combat was about to occur since I had been looking at my feet when I left the game.AS you can see from the skype chat, My profile picture is extemely sexy, and that I didn't even know I had combat logged until after I was banned, since I said I wasn't in combat and that I logged before he got to me, by this i meant I didn't know I was in combat, or that anyone was around me. But again I would like to state that I will take any punishment given to me, but I do want to clear my friends name that had absolutely no doing in assisting me in "Combat logging". So, What will the punishment be?

While the majority of that response wasn't pertaining to this appeal, I'll respond to it. The note on whiteturbo will not be removed. We've established that you were in contact with him at the time, by his own admission in chat, and by him volunteering that piece of "evidence" that you weren't communicating, not to mention the fact that he made several trips into that region of the Nether, despite your claim that he did not.

I'm reviewing the time period I'll set for your ban. I'll post it here shortly. In the meantime, please review the flaws in your story, and reflect on the conflicting facts in them, specifically this one: "Also, I did say I wasn't in combat, and I logged before he got to me, because I did, and I was never in combat, and didn't even know combat was about to occur since I had been looking at my feet when I left the game."

The fact that you've been lying will not be factored into your ban length.

"Also, I did say I wasn't in combat, and I logged before he got to me, because I did, and I was never in combat, and didn't even know combat was about to occur since I had been looking at my feet when I left the game."  Logging out before someone gets to you means you aren't in combat, you're only in combat if someone has hit you. Not sure how this statement contradicts myself, since I said i wasn't in combat, and then say I logged and didn't know combat was ABOUT TO OCCUR ( this doesnt mean i was in combat)

As I stated before, the decision to ban you was made after you ignored our attempts to get your attention & attempted to resume normal gameplay.

To restate, the rule I've banned you under falls into the latter portion of this rule: "Using login as a function of PvP is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:"

The act of logging out to avoid inevitable combat entirely, which we've well established is what you've done, is the first of your offenses.

The second is the use of a third party to monitor the situation for a safe time to log back in, which we've also established to have occurred.

I'm setting your ban for one week. Please respond on the 30th of December stating which rules you've broken, and that you will abide by them in the future.

So ROCKON, you're saying that if I go thru the nether at the same time he logs or not, I'm assisting him? First of all, I went thru the nether 3 times. First time, I went to get some clay from the mesa biome at second red portal. After I got some clay, a zombie killed me, he cornered me to a wall I made when I saw 2 endermen (I wanted the ender balls). I went back to my base, got some food and a sword, then headed back to that place, I got my stuff back and I got a little more clay. And I think that using the fact that I went thru the nether to prove that I was helping him is completly inaccurate. Am I restricted to go to the nether at a certain time?

Edit: When he left, I went on skype to talk to him, he logged back on and then you teleported him to geta. Maybe he wasn't watching the chat? I do that a lot of times while listening to music and relaxing.

Edited by whiteturbo

I feel it is biased that I was banned for one week, as I posted before, most people are given warnings. Also on nerd.nu/rules it does not say he act of logging out to avoid inevitable combat entirely, which we've well established is what you've done, is the first of your offenses.

The second is the use of a third party to monitor the situation for a safe time to log back in, which we've also established to have occurred. 

It doesn't say that. So I had no idea what I could or could not do. This was a simple misunderstanding and I feel a whole week ban at the begning of the rev is unjust. I'm an older player from the first couple of revs and the way rules are interpreted has changed a lot. I promise from now on that I will always check my surroundings before logging out and not log when combat could occur. I also feel a week long ban for a first infraction because of a misunderstanding of a vague rule is too much when other people just get warnings. Also, about chat, I usually keep chat window small and I don't always see it, and when I logged back in and was being teleported around, I assumed I was just rubberbanding, because I had been lagging.  I'm not trying to come off as combative, but more just to get my point accross, and I hope that what I have said won't be factored into my ban length. Also I think "The act of logging out to avoid inevitable combat entirely, which we've well established is what you've done, is the first of your offenses.

The second is the use of a third party to monitor the situation for a safe time to log back in, which we've also established to have occurred."

should be added to nerd.nu/rules since it's very vague the way it is right now. 

TLDR: May I be unbanned? I won't break the rules again.

Also, I noticed an admin is looking at this appeal, I would rather them step in because I feel there is some bias from rockonn because he is allied with getafever and I have killed rockonn before, no offense to rockon but sometimes people can't help but be a little biased

I would like to summarize the events now for any head stepping in.

• I went into the nether, I had sever FPS lag and the chunks were not loading properly
  • Not knowing, when I had logged out, someone had seen me and started to run up to me
  • I logged out, closed minecraft, then logged back in to try and fix that.
  • It didn't work, So I logged back out, and allocated more ram to my JVM
  • I logged back in later, whilst my chat window was small, and started to go back to what I was doing.
  • I started going back to the place I had logged off at, I assumed I was rubberbanding from the server lag everyone has been experiencing, but in fact it was a moderator teleporting me back to that place. The moderator was unvanished, but I did not see him because he was not loaded yet
  • Because of the rubberbanding, I again, logged out in an attempted to fix the issue.
  • During that time, My allie whiteturbo was at our base
  • He then headed off to do some errands, not doing anything but going in and out of the nether and walking around a bit, since he was using the nether for transportation.
  • It was assumed he was assisting me, since I had logged out, but at that time he did not know of the occurrence.
  • Also, I feel my 1 week ban for combat logging is biased because most people are given just a warning, and also nerd.nu/rules doesn't say anything about logging before someone gets to you, and nerd.nu/rules should be updated so people in the future are not confused.

Thanks to any head admin taking a look at this :)

hope I haven't been too much of a hassle

For clarification of the Combat logging rule the following is pulled directly from the Wiki:

"Using login as a function of PvP is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:"

Logging out to avoid combat is classified as using login as a function of pvp.

Teleporting you back to your location was the only choice left to get your attention aside from kicking you, which I prefer not to use with cases of combat logging, as you can never be 100% sure when the person in question will log back in. You were walking within 10 blocks from the designated point, which was your logout/in point.

"I sought to get your attention- first through the chat, then through unvanishing in modmode & teleporting you back to your location. " Quoted from rockonn

Also, as other mods say, a simple kick should suffice to get peoples attention. Teleporting around is highly unnescesary as it can give other players an unfair advantage. Like if someone got teleported by a mod to a desert temple with diamonds in it at the begnining of the map, or if a mod teleports someone to another person to get them killed