[PMC] Disturbing posts in recent threads about unbanning former players.

sansapants

There are at least three recent threads in the Server Discussion sub about unbanning former staff members. Two of these three threads contain posts which include disturbing comments about a third party (i.e. not the person making the post and not the unbanned player at issue) that I think do not reflect the spirit of the nerd servers, and which likely violate server rules.

Two of the threads are locked, but still visible. Several posts in these two threads are personal attacks against a recently re-modded player that I interpret as violations of the rules against sexism against other players and against harassment of other players and/or staff. If one needs a better label to characterize this posts, I interpret them as attempts at slut-shaming.

As a new mod, I don't want to overstep my bounds or throw fuel on the fire by hiding certain posts, removing or locking threads, or even banning members for violating rules. But I think these posts violate the rules in such a way that requires a more forceful response than mere locking of the threads.

sansapants

• Upvote 1