jnrm3 [totemo]

JNRM3

So i was going around and building and stuff, and suddenly i got banned for "command exploit."

Don't know why this exactly happened, the only commands I remember using within the last 3 hours or so were:

/lb command (with the holiday event and such, i was trying to see my stats)

/seen command (trying to see when a person who lives next to me was on)

/rg i (looking to see what region i was in)

/r (replying to someone)

/enchant-book (i am thinking this might be the one that caused it, although i used it a while ago)

anyways, that is all i remember using that might have triggered the ban. looking forward to getting unbanned and getting back to playing.

thanks in advance,

-JNRM3

Edited by JNRM3

Hello JNRM3

Totemo (Your banning administrator) will be with you as soon as they can.  If in 48 hours, no one has attended to your appeal, feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

Ban for jnrm3 on c.nerd.nu for command exploit nerd.nu/appeal by totemo on 2013-12-26 21:05:19 (no more bans, no notes)

The /enchant-book command was unintentionally available to players as the result of a single-letter typo in the file describing the command's permissions.

You used the command 170 times between the 15th and 25th of December.  I can see from what you say in chat that you also consider books to be quite valuable. You expressed your distress at dying and possibly losing 20 of them while transporting them for sale to other players.  This is despite the books costing no XP at all and leather being very cheap on PvE due to the mob drop buff.

What I am most curious about is whether you completed any sales with other players, and if so whom, and whether you passed on any books or enchanted items to other players that were enchanted by the use of this command, irrespective of whether payment was involved.

I used the command to enchant quite a few books with more than one enchantment, so I probably had around ~80 or so total books enchanted. I have around 20 of them left in a chest in my home, the rest I used on my tools and weapons.

I do consider books to be semi-valuable, as I live out on the edge of the map, and rarely trade with others. The mob drop buff does help quite a bit, but I rarely harvest leather, and as a result, most of the books I made, I enchanted and used immediately.

I did die at one point and lost the books I was carrying, as well as quite a few enchanted tools and armour. At the time, I also had 7 legitimate books with me that I was transporting to my nether base.

I do not recall any trades involving enchanted tools or armour that resulted from this command, And I did not give, trade, or sell any books gotten from this command.

I did not realize this command was not a "feature" of the server, and I am sorry that this is the result, but I am willing to make up for my actions, and am fine with having all my enchanted items confiscated from my inventory and my chests. I just wish to be able to play again.

-JNRM3

Thank you  for the detailed answer.  I note that you are a relatively new player, and that makes me more willing to accept that you were not aware of the broader context of the kind of gameplay we try to foster on P.

I'm unbanning you now.