kenwin [totemo]

kenwin

I, kenwin, have been banned on the nerd servers for "xray texture pack on survival."  I would like to state that this accusation is false.  I did not use or have any intensions of using any form of xray on the servers.

I personally feel that this ban is un-just and I'm curious of why I would be accused of xray.

Yesterday (December 29, 2013), (my clan ("DONG") and) I can confirm that I did go branch mining for several hours (with a fortune pick) and mined a sufficient amount of diamonds to make a full set of armor and sword.  However, my clan was also generous enough to lend me an extra amount of diamonds, resulting in future sets of armor.  This is the only situation in which I can assume I was banned for.  I can also assume, though, that other clans (or clan members) have had situations similar to this in the past.  I cannot imagine how this is any different.

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to read this appeal and I hope you can understand that there are many ways to obtain diamonds quickly on a PvP server such as this without the use of xray.

Allow me to say up front, before it gets mired in the details: You're banned for a month. Read the rules (http://nerd.nu/rules) and open a new appeal on the 29th of January, stating that you will abide by them from now on.

Also: feigning righteous indignation does nothing to help your chances.  

Now onto your edits:

26 diamond ores in 8 deposits. Ore blocks numbered in reverse order by time stamp, so #1 is the most recent:

Ores

#1 - 4 13:57:05 - 13:57:11 exposed in branch mine, possibly legitimate

#5 - 9 13:53:10 - 13:53:48 exposed in abandoned mine, not worth my time to contest this though it fits the pattern of texture pack usage.

#10 - 11 13:50:53 - 13:50:56 also exposed in abandoned mine

And now it gets interesting:

#12 13:49:10 Single ore block under lava. You backed up from the end of the tunnel (torch in screenshot) and mined the ore from below.

TSNBIK9.png

yQqFHNN.png

#13 - 16 13:36:07 - 13:36:15 to the side of someone else's existing walkway over lava; your edits around there are minimal demonstrating how you homed in on the diamond under lava

gSgV6gB.png

ZcWjdNt.png

#17 - 21 13:31:23 - 13:31:36 Spiral down to a lava-adjacent diamond.

Xb9hWXT.png

RWsw85m.png

99VR5S1.png

Remainder of the screenshots/edits in the next comment.

#22 - 24 13:28:40 - 13:28:49 you dug into the floor of one of your clanmate's branch mines and spiralled down to lava-adjacent diamond:

6gGV98w.png

WFgoupu.png

6ODAFYO.png

#25 - 26 13:24:44 - 13:24:49 more pre-exposed well lit ore, fitting the pattern of xray texture pack

OuXOqZ8.png