Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ludeman84

[HAC] Staff Meeting Planning

Recommended Posts

As discussed in this thread, we're currently targeting a staff meeting to take place on Saturday, June 15th.  This is all tentative, especially the time (2pm EDT).  I'd like to announce the staff meeting about 2 weeks in advance, i.e. June 1st - at this point we will begin collecting questions / concerns / discussion topics in earnest from staff and players.

 

I'd strongly prefer for a head admin who is not me to run this meeting. My activity level is not high enough to know many of the things going on with the server, and any decisions made at the meeting on how to proceed will largely be acted upon by you guys.  Please comment if you'd be willing to head this up.

 

In the meantime, I'd like for us to start assembling our plan for what to discuss at the staff meeting. I've created a Google Doc and have started populating it:

[document link]

I'm keeping it private, so ask myself, JA, or WCS to get access if you don't have it already.

 

Please edit document at will! Please add/remove/edit topics/details/whatever.  Work on any of the ideas listed in there, pursue them further, etc.

 

I'll also continue to recommend that you explore adding an additional head admin in the very near future, before summer plans and travel begin to significantly affect people's ability to be around:

[link]

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping.  I would still really like another head to lead the staff meeting if at all possible.  Please say if you think you can help with such.

 

Can you also please confirm your availability on Saturday June 15th - both from 2-4pm EDT, and the rest of that day (in case we need to shift the schedule around)? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that everyone is okay with a time shift to 1pm EDT on Saturday June 15th.

 

Below is a proposed post announcing the staff meeting, assuming it takes place then.  Please take it and edit it to your hearts' content - I basically adapted it from the September staff meeting announcement.  I'd recommend posting it in Mod Chat (sticky it), then making a subreddit post which links directly to it.  You'd probably also want to add a banner on the subreddit some length of time before it happens (maybe up to a week).

 

---------------------------------

 

Hi folks, 
 
We will be hosting our next staff meeting on Mumble on Saturday, June 15th at 1pm EDT (11 days from now).
 
The primary objective of staff meetings is to both update staff on the state of the servers and recent changes, and encourage active communication both among the staff and with the entire player community. This also gives everyone a chance to pose the questions they've always wanted answered, and to discuss topics relevant to our community in a large group. At this particular meeting, we'll be discussing some of the new features on the servers and changes in our server tools (such as the forums). We'll also discuss some recently-written guides on how to more effectively handle particularly difficult aspects of moderating, such as xraying and PVP logging. Finally, we'll talk about how to broach the topic of advertising our servers to the world at large, and announce some upcoming events. All this and more! (TODO update with whatever things you'd like to talk about)
 
As always, everyone is invited to join and participate, both staff and non-staff. Initial discussion will be limited to mods and admins, but we'll open up the floor at the end to questions from players. All players and staff are welcome to PM the head admins ahead of time if there's a topic you'd like to discuss, especially if you won't be able to attend the meeting itself - we'll make sure your questions get answer. (You're welcome to talk to the head admins about issues anytime, not just staff meetings. Any of in-game/Mumble/IRC/forum PM/Reddit PM work!) We'll try to post a loose agenda ahead of time.
 
Server admins: please be prepared to talk about recent (~last 3 months) and planned upcoming changes for your server.
 
Tech admins: please be prepared to talk about recent (~last 3 months) and planned upcoming changes to our server tools, commands, and infrastructure.
 
Mods: if you're available, please try to attend. If not, we'll post a recording of the meeting. 
 
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...