goldieboo [Malvagio87]

goldieboo

Hello.  My son told me that he was in the PVP server and was building a base.  A moderator came to him and told him that the land was already claimed by someone else and to move the build.  He then destroyed his build.  He logged off and then when logged back in he was banned.  Could he have possibly destroyed something that wasn't his?  Or is building on someone else's build considered griefing?

Please let us know how to proceed.  He knows not to grief so I am wondering exactly what is going on so that he doesn't get banned again.  I don't want to have to sit next to him when he plays on the reddit servers, but I am wondering if I should for the near term to be sure he doesn't break any griefing rule again.

Ban information:

Ban for goldieboo on c.nerd.nu for continued to grief on S despite multiple warnings from various staff members nerd.nu/appeal by Malvagio87 on 2014-03-31 14:29:20 (no more bans, 4 notes)

Please be patient and Malvagio87 will be with you as soon as they can. If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

I looked at the notes and the recent notes were for crop griefing and general grief.  I think one problem with the warnings and not responding is that he is instructed to not read/talk on the servers.  I have sat down and read the conversations and so I have told him not to read or engage based on what I read there.  Is there a way for me to look back and see if something was directed at him to avoid this and respond before he gets banned for something?

I told him the notes were for crop griefing and general grief.  If he has his server correct, he said he took carrots at spawn but replanted.  He knows to replant because on one occasion on pve we had to ask about replanting melons to find out that you don't replant them.  Do the screen shots show him farming a large plot and leaving or is he missing squares?  Also, please let me know what general grief he did so we can talk about it.

To the subject of him building on someone's land.  I asked him later if someone's else's stuff was there and he said it was empty, approx. 50 blocks from someone else, and no sign.  What did he miss?  I can't go back and look to show him.

One reason we are on the reddit servers is because it is moderated well and I have told him that he has to be perfect while on them.  Thanks for helping.

I banned your son based on a modreq that he was griefing, verified that it was in fact your son that made the destructive edits (even though there weren't many if i remember correctly) and due to the multiple notes associated with his account that he had griefed and been warned about it in the past by 4 separate staff members. Because of that and his previous ban for greifing he was banned again.

In regards to the notes i do not know those instances of what and how much he griefed, however, i can verify that he had destructive edits on blocks that were not placed by him not on his land.

I have no problem unbanning him, but i would like to defer to MrLoud15 in making the decision since there have been many notes in the past and i believe a previous ban for griefing.  Possibly unban him with a final warning.