S_W [totemo]

S_W

Banned for xray on p.nerd.nu.   

Not too sure what sort of case I should be stating as I'm not really sure why I'd be banned for X-ray.  Mainly here to get clarification.  If it is easier to talk about it in Mumble, I can do that.  

EDIT:

Scratch that - I know exactly what it was for.   I grabbed chunks from the server to get an overhead view of the map so I could lay out a rail map (http://i.imgur.com/ra2zWuX.png).   Using the chunks I grabbed some diamond from around my mining tunnels.  Probably about 20 diamond ore.. just a guess.   Honestly had no need for the diamond,  just greedy I guess.   100% honest though that I did not have any xray or special texture packs installed.

Edited by S_W

Yeah.  It was 40 diamond ore.  You weren't exactly subtle about it.  And you must have been feeling a bit guilty because you backfilled all of the tunnels with smooth stone (which I've removed in most screenshots so I could get around).

I think you've been around long enough to know what to expect.  You're banned for a month.  Read the rules (http://nerd.nu/rules) and open a new appeal on the 29th of June, stating that you will abide by them from now on.

YiRSS1c.png

cAAlVuJ.png

hrKGp6q.png

yAeyYoO.png

uLwgBrw.png

M6UfGj2.png

Yup.  Really wasnt trying to be subtle about it since it wasn't mean to be malicious and more so curiosity.  As you can probably tell from my mining tunnels and mining history, this was a 1 time mistake.

One month though!  Wow.  I figured given the fact that it was my first offense, clearly a one time mistake, and I came clean about it, it would be shorter, like around a week or so.  :(      Could you possibly reconsider the length of the ban?  

Edited by S_W

As a side note, can you explain the state of S_W's changes in Argoth? They were gone, and then they returned.. It would be nice to know what's happening so we know what we need to rebuild.

Steve

It is standard practice to roll back all a players edits in the world.  However, it is totally up to the server admins if they want to redo some of the edits of the player.  If some of his edits have been rolled back then one of the server admins have rolled them back. 

It is standard practice to roll back all a players edits in the world.  However, it is totally up to the server admins if they want to redo some of the edits of the player.  If some of his edits have been rolled back then one of the server admins have rolled them back. 

All of them?!?! Wait seriously?  I have put a ton of time into creating stuff for Argoth as well as into other combined effort projects.  I just asked my buddy to check out a few items and he said my house is still there but a project I was working on with him was rolled back leaving a mess of missing blocks, a lot of the local rail system I set up has been wiped, the automatic farm I setup with skydaddy is flooded and a mess, among other things just randomly missing.   Not too sure about the other rail stuff I did, but if that is all rolled back, then Argoth just lost 90% of their rail system.   

Was it really necessary to rollback everything?  Just look at my mining history on the server and it should be 100% clear that this is the only incident.  

All of them?!?! Wait seriously?  I have put a ton of time into creating stuff for Argoth as well as into other combined effort projects.  I just asked my buddy to check out a few items and he said my house is still there but a project I was working on with him was rolled back leaving a mess of missing blocks, a lot of the local rail system I set up has been wiped, the automatic farm I setup with skydaddy is flooded and a mess, among other things just randomly missing.   Not too sure about the other rail stuff I did, but if that is all rolled back, then Argoth just lost 90% of their rail system.   

Was it really necessary to rollback everything?  Just look at my mining history on the server and it should be 100% clear that this is the only incident.  

I just ran the /lbrb command which undoes your edits for a certain time period (a couple of weeks), and then redid edits that destroyed ores (e.g. diamonds, iron, etc).  This is what happens when you xray.  You were told about this at spawn.

"If you xray you will lose all of your items + edits."

IIn1VTv.png

Yup.  Really wasnt trying to be subtle about it since it wasn't mean to be malicious and more so curiosity.  As you can probably tell from my mining tunnels and mining history, this was a 1 time mistake.

One month though!  Wow.  I figured given the fact that it was my first offense, clearly a one time mistake, and I came clean about it, it would be shorter, like around a week or so.  :(      Could you possibly reconsider the length of the ban?  

In theory, if I was looking over your shoulder every single second that you play the game, I could be certain that it was just this one time.  But I don't, so I can't.  So in principle, some fraction of the materials you obtained in game were illegitimate, and you subsequently used these to build your house or to make tools which were used to obtain more materials.  Those subsequent actions were then assisted by ill-gotten gains.  This is the principle upon which rollbacks are based.

A one-month ban is basically the minimum for everybody who xrays.  It goes up from there on subsequent offenses

I just ran the /lbrb command which undoes your edits for a certain time period (a couple of weeks), and then redid edits that destroyed ores (e.g. diamonds, iron, etc).  This is what happens when you xray.  You were told about this at spawn.

Out of curiosity, given that I've been on the server since the beginning of the rev and pretty well established at this point and really didn't need any new materials in the past few weeks, then why wouldn't you wipe everything I did.  Seems odd you'd do just a few weeks.   I feel it should be an all or nothing sort of thing.  If you think I got ores in an illegitimate way  and then used that to get more and more and build up my area, then wipe everything I did as it is all not legit.   Otherwise by only doing a few weeks you are essentially saying you believe this was a one time offense and if that is the case then only wipe that time period.

The server only keeps a record of edits for a limited time.  The retention period is different for different kinds of blocks.  For example, details of stone edits are only retained for a week.