Jake21219 [jchance]

Jake21219

I joined the server, I was a bit bored, so I created a site that could track people's IP just by clicking it, (Doxxing). I shouted the link on the chat, and so I got an IP. I then asked who lived in that city, etc. And then I got banned. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry, I didn't mean to invade someones privacy. It was just a joke to make people freak out, but I wasn't even gonna do anything to it.

Jake,  we take privacy very seriously at nerd.nu-  we don't even allow staff below server admin see IP addresses of players because they can extract a location using a GeoIP lookup.

I get it that you were just goofing off and were not being malicious about it.  That it was my location that was shared (after I followed your link to see what you were asking players to click on) and its pretty common knowledge where I live is a good thing since if you would have shared a player's location I would have needed to be much more severe.

I've set your ban length at 1 week.  Please re-apply on Jan 7, 2015 to be unbanned.