Permah [Tharine]

Permah

Hello Permah,

You are banned for:

Ban for permah on c.nerd.nu for Logging to avoid combat - please appeal at -> nerd.nu/appeal by Tharine on 2013-06-24 07:14:43 (no more bans, 2 notes)

Please be patient and Tharine will be with you as soon as they can.  If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

Hey Permah,

Your ban was mostly just so we could make sure there was a proper understanding on the rules about combat logging. Your ban came from this incident: http://paste.thezomg.com/10241/32355711/ wherein you logged out right about the time another player hit you, as tagged by our logging detection plugin, which shows:

2013-06-23 10:08:53 | Permah lost connection: disconnect.quitting

2013-06-23 10:08:53 | NoLog: Permah logged on shanty_sniper, seconds: 0 ,distance: 2

Meaning that you logged out 0 seconds after and 2 blocks distance away from shanty_sniper after being struck. I just wanted to be sure that we were clear on the fact that logging out to avoid PvP encounters is still against the rules, no matter if you've been directly struck. You made a point to say that you still had full health upon logging out, which tells me that you were indeed aware of shanty being there and made the conscious decision to exit the game. This still constitutes as combat logging, as you are logging out to avoid the combat that is about to take place.

I'll only ask that you respond here so that I know you've read what I have to say, and either myself or another moderator will go about unbanning you (whoever sees your response first). You're also more than welcome to use this space to ask any questions you have about the combat logging rule, and i'll do my best to try and answer them as soon as possible.