Bringing on board another Survival admin

Tharine

Prompted by Barlimore's recent post for their Creative admin nominations, we would like to hear from people who they might be interested in seeing joining the Survival admin team. Tradition dictates that we have three server admins at all times, so with cmchappell having left the position early last month, we're officially down by one. However, Draykhar and myself have long been of the mindset that we won't restrict ourselves to simply three admins if there exists a need for more. While we've not participated in any formal discussion on the topic just yet (what with Draykhar having been on vacation until recently, and my tasks being otherwise prioritised), we would like to follow Barlimore's lead and get some official input from the playerbase.

I know that some people will have already spoken to either myself or Draykhar about this sort of thing - whether as of recent, or just as a general topic of conversation that comes up quite often - but I would like to hear from those people again, as well as anyone else who hasn't already, to be certain that you're still interested in seeing those people become admins. As a sort of 'two birds, one stone' sort of thing, and as i've received some feedback on this for the most recent mod nominations post in particular, I will also welcome any names for who people might like to see brought on as moderators (whether Survival-specific or not).

If you have in mind someone you would like to join us on the Survival admin team, or have some names for suggestion to become moderators, please send me a personal message through the forums with those names. Your input can be completely anonymous if you would prefer, but please state in your message if you would like that to be the case, so that I know to include this when I pass your suggestions onto the other admins. I know there have been some concerns about ideas/issues/suggestions not being well-met because of individual characteristics - if you're worried about this, please let me know and your suggestions will be known only to myself and Draykhar (or just to myself, if you would prefer),

• Upvote 7

• 2 months later...
Guest Former Staff

Just an update on the survival admin nominees at the moment:

Since Tharine's post above, both MrLoud15 and Cab417 have joined the team to cause untold chaos and everything else that the role entails. ;-)

The creative server have recently added a fourth admin to help meet a fair balance, particularly with the time each has available with the demand required to focus on the server. Similarly, the Survival server is leaving the door open for a fourth admin, which is why this topic will remain up.

If anyone is concerned that having an even number of admins for each server will result in deadlock situations for ideas to move forward, you need not worry, we have discussed this and as you're seeing particularly within the Server Discussion forum, more topics are being brought up for feedback and put to the vote for everyone in the community to be involved with.