Lilah427 [PPGOME]

Lilah427

When posting a ban appeal, you typically want to add some more information to it than this. Such as how things happened as you see them, any steps you think you could take in the future to prevent whatever happened, etc etc. Simply posting "request for an appeal" is generally not going to be enough to actually be considered a ban appeal.

(Note: I wasn't part of this ban so I'm not sure what the situation here is)

Hello Lilah,

Please take Ocelot's message above as an example for a response I expect from this. Appeals are for admitting fault or contesting punishments you deem unfair, but you've done neither. I'll share what I have as evidence for this ban below and from there you can decide your course of action.

You were banned for your part in a chat disruption that occurred regarding homophobia. From this disruption, we found that you both attempted a ban bait and also issued threats to those you were attempting to bait.

Let it be known that there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussion in chat about LGBTQ+ topics.

As the other users are not part of this ban, I have censored their names. They've already been dealt with. Below is you and another player initiating a ban bait on a player who knowingly holds beliefs that holds beliefs different to that of yours:

2024-09-26 18:33:44 [INFO] [STDOUT] [Lilah427 -> █████████████] i found out that █████████ is homophobic. and has said some heinously homophobic shit.
2024-09-26 18:33:50 [INFO] [STDOUT] [█████████████ -> Lilah427] what
2024-09-26 18:33:55 [INFO] [STDOUT] [█████████████ -> Lilah427] ok gotta gay it up then
2024-09-26 18:34:09 [INFO] [STDOUT] [█████████████ -> Lilah427] let's be soooooo gay
2024-09-26 18:34:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] [Lilah427 -> █████████████] oh yeah

You proceed to, out of nowhere, say this during your discussion in chat about an event in your life that related to LGBTQ+:

2024-09-26 18:37:22 [INFO] <Lilah427> homophobic people don't deserve to be alive.
2024-09-26 18:37:29 [INFO] <Lilah427> in my opinion

Another player chimed in with a message they were also banned for, and you responded with these messages:

2024-09-26 18:43:28 [INFO] <Lilah427> you're a waste of space █████████
2024-09-26 18:44:33 [INFO] <Lilah427> choke

Following the event, when you knew we were dealing with the involved players, you went ahead and placed this sign down in the town you're a member of:

image.png

And today, after a modreq made by a player, we have also found that you killed multiple pets using lava buckets:

image.png?ex=66fed0b5&is=66fd7f35&hm=12d

And all of the following logs were also near more pets:

image.png?ex=66fed16b&is=66fd7feb&hm=e31

You've been a member of Nerd for a long time now. I feel that you would know better than to do any of this. Do better. Your ban length has been set to 3 days from the time of banning. You will be unbanned at 11:30pm EST on Friday, October 4th. You will only be unbanned if you are able to confirm you have read the rules and give a real appeal below this message. Your next ban will be even longer if you continue acting this way.

Reply to this thread if you have any questions.

Thank you,
PPGOME

Posted (edited)

Did not realize I had to write more than just the simple request. 

I also did not realize the the about the cats, I was having difficulty with trying to log on and kept getting disconnected. The only reasoning I can think of is I was trying to pick up the lava from inside the cauldron in the solace storage. I apologize for that - again did not realize, and will replace with cat spawn eggs I am willing and able to get from spawn/fair vendor stands/traders.

Edited by Lilah427

Just a preface, I was not trying to not write a "real ban appeal". I genuinely did not know how to write and fill out a full reply since I’ve never had to do that before.

I can and do recognize that my words were unkind and not in line with the values of nerd's guidelines, and for that, I am sorry. I knew better. I understand that my actions have caused hurt, offended and distressed others, and I do regret the impact that it did have on others. It was wrong. I take this time to reflect on my behavior & actions and learn from this experience.

I have re-read through nerd's community’s guidelines to better understand the standards and environment nerd upholds. I will be a quiet part of this community moving forward. My presence in actions and behaviors will cease as a way to show my understanding. I realize there are healthier ways to express such frustrations. I can and will demonstrate my commitment to being a part of nerd from this point on.

Hello Lilah,

I would like to clarify that I didn't accuse you of not trying to write a proper appeal, I was just specifying that I needed a proper one. Additionally, please don't take this as a reason to not interact with the community at all. You're a valued member of it, and going radio silent won't do any good for anybody.

Thank you for the proper appeal. Your unban date remains 11:30pm EST on Friday, October 4th.

Reply to this thread if you have any questions.

Thank you,
PPGOME