- Be respectful and civil toward your fellow players
- No harassment or excessive trolling
- No bigotry / hate speech including but not limited to ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, and religion.
- No disruptive arguments/discussions in global chat
- Staff will ask you to take these to private message or clanchat if you wish to continue.
- No public accusations of rule-breaking or discussion of bans
- To report rule violations, make a /modreq ingame or contact a staff member.
- No “ban baiting”
- Ban baiting is enticing or aggravating someone into saying or doing something that will result in a ban – this may result in a ban for both parties.
- Do not build too close to another player’s build (see PVE or Creative FAQ for details)
- No posting personal information (i.e. doxxing)
- No offensive/inappropriate constructions or skins
- No impersonating other players, particularly staff
- This includes both claiming to be another person or staff, as well as changing your screen name in a way that can be thought to be another user. In these instances your account may be banned until you can change the name again.
- Client mods that give a distinct advantage to an individual are not allowed. Click here for the list of approved client mods
- No killing/stealing mobs "owned" by other players
- This includes any named mobs, mobs that are enclosed/restrained, claimed pet-type mobs and villagers. “Hostile mob” pets must be enclosed such that players cannot enter and be harmed (without breaking in).
- You may not trap or kill players except in designated arenas
- This includes player traps or indirect forms or killing such as placing lava or using mobs
You may not restrict access to your builds - the map should be open for exploration
- Exceptions to this on PvE would include: a structure to hold villagers for trading; killing box of iron grinders (assuming iron is available to the public); small containers housing “pet” hostile mobs.
Be Respectful to the server
- No xraying/hacking/cheating or exploiting bugs to give yourself an unfair advantage
- Any use of xray / ore detection will result in an immediate ban and rollback of all edits.
- No griefing or block spamming
- No inducing excessive lag
- Do not allow huge numbers of entities to build up, e.g. by idling at a non-kill mob grinder or breeding an absurd number of animals.
- All redstone must have an off switch (or the ability to automatically turn off when not in use)
- No spam
- 'Spam' includes a high volume of lines and/or repeated characters entered into chat.
- No Advertising non-nerd.nu servers
- Build Removal:
- Scaffolding, 1x1 towers, or other temporary builds should be removed when you are finished with them. These structures may be removed by staff without notice.
- Certain "very low quality" structures including but not limited to cobble/netherrack boxes, and floating skyrails may be removed if they significantly impact the surrounding area in a negative way.
- Unfinished builds that are deemed ‘abandoned’ and are negatively affecting other builds may be removed at admin discretion.
- Unused claims may be removed at after 1 month of inactivity on creative, or at admin discretion on pve
- If banned, no evading the ban - request unbans at nerd.nu/appeal
- A minimum of 2 weeks will be added to the original ban length for every account used to evade a ban on any of our servers.
- Any accounts used to evade a ban will be banned for the same amount of time as the original banned account.
- Admins reserve the right to add additional time depending on the circumstances.
- Only appealed bans will be lifted.
- At the time at which an appeal is allowed or afterward, a player may appeal for their other accounts to be unbanned, and if the "main" account is unbanned then the alts are as well.
- Unbanning of all alt accounts will be done by an administrator or higher.
- At the discretion of an admin, alternate accounts could remain banned if we believe that the person appealing isn't the actual owner.
- Bans for the alt accounts will include the name of their "main" account.
This rules list cannot possibly hope to cover all instances of behavior that is detrimental to the servers or community, thus the admins reserve the right to warn, kick, or ban players deemed to be detrimental, as well as the right to form new rules when needed. Admins also reserve the right to reset player data as needed.
Event server rules will depend on the event type, typically following the mold of one of the previous four server rulesets. Specific rules are established per-event.
- Regions will not be granted within 10 blocks of another player's build.
- WorldEdit is only usable in a region a player is an owner of. Having a region protects the area inside. There are two ways to have a region made:
- Build a rectangular border around the area in blocks. These protections will go from map height to bedrock. No existing build is required. Or,
- Request a protection on an existing build. These protections will only be around the build.
- Protections in the Redstone Playground will only be in the plot, not map height.
- Requesting a region in the Space multiverse requires blocks to be placed in a line in the Y direction to indicate the desired height of the region.
- Regions that are unbuilt in maybe be removed or reduced after 1 month of inactivity.
- Still water and lava can be placed out of a bucket. To get flowing liquids place still liquids and /modreq to have them flowed. /flow can be used in regions a player is an owner of.
- No redstone experiments in the overworld.
- Redstone clocks must have an off switch.
- Growth is disabled
- Potions can be acquired but do not give any effects. Use /effect instead.
- Players can request to have their build warped by submitting a modreq at the desired warp location and including the desired name in the request. Warps are granted at admin discression.
- These items are banned:
- Command Blocks - Potential to be abused.
- Minecart with Command Block - Contains Command Block.
- Dragon Egg - Causes server lag.
- Mob Spawners - Useless in Creative, potential to cause lag.
- Structure Block - Inferior to WorldEdit.
- Structure Void - Same reason as Structure Block.
- These items must be placed by staff for you; request using /modreq:
- Flowing Water - Can be abused to grief when outside of a region.
- Flowing Lava - Can be abused to grief when outside of a region.
- Nether Portal - Make annoying sounds and can cause lag.
- End Portal - Make annoying sounds and can cause lag
- End Gateway - Make annoying sounds and can cause lag.
- Barrier Block - Potential to be abused.
- Additionally, these items are banned in WorldEdit:
- TNT - Would make hosting chaos event impossible.
- Beds - Potential to be abused.
- Plants & Flowers - Can cause server lag.
- Items with decreased functionality:
- All Potions - Able to be placed in inventory, chests, and frames. Usage banned. Use /effect for potion effects.
- Spawn Eggs - Able to be placed in inventory, chests and frames. Usage banned. Use /pet for spawning mobs.
- no "spamming" with loud or annoying noises
- please use push-to-talk
- no recording unless you have permission from everyone in the channel
- Please mark all NSFW links as such - do not send NSFW material to minors or people who are not interested in seeing it.