Tweak of the Week is our weekly roundup of server configuration changes where we list everything we changed during a specific calendar week.
General Change Log
- 2019-08-21: totemo upgraded the BungeeCord (and lobby) NuVotifier plugins to resolve its failure to load in BungeeCord following the upgrade to Java 12.
- 2019-08-22: totemo explicitly configured the MariaDB timezone to UTC, to match the system timezone. This resolved an issue with LogBlock recording edits 4 hours earlier than chat logs and ModReqs, perhaps due to the database having observed a different system timezone setting when the host booted. The current time at the server can be checked with
Web Site Change Log
- 2019-08-20: Deaygo added extra Markdown formatting options for the web site (blogs etc).
Creative Change Log
- 2019-08-23: Dumbo52 investigated lighting bugs in FastAsyncWorldEdit and is working to fix them. Hopefully this will be resolved next week.
- 2019-08-24: Dumbo52 enabled our LastSeen plugin and migrated our existing
/seendata to the new storage format. Creative was previously using a CommandHelper script to handle the
/seencommand and data collection, but this was disabled in the 1.13 update. Unfortunately this means that
/seenhas no knowledge of players' logins over the last 3 weeks.
PvE Change Log
- 2019-08-19: Deaygo fixed NerdyDragon mobs picking up player drops (and not dropping them again). (ModReq 1362).
- 2019-08-19: totemo worked on reducing false positives for NoCheatPlus CreativeFly checks and realised that the Y375 elytra ceiling was configurable. Now set at aprox 255+1280.
- 2019-08-19: totemo investigated a possible bug in either the PaperSpigot Timings v2 facility or entity ticking.
- 2019-08-20: totemo prototyped [REDACTED], but don't worry. It's just a decoy!
- 2019-08-21: totemo updated PvE to the latest PaperSpigot build, which includes the asynchronous chunk loading patch. They still have more work to do, but it is supposedly a big improvement in our case, where the map is pre-generated.
- 2019-08-22: totemo enabled the new per player mob spawning option in PaperSpigot. This makes mob spawning fairer in that a player cannot starve other players of mobs by exhausting the global mob cap with a grinder. Each player has their own local mob cap.
- 2019-08-22: totemo reported a possible bug in PaperSpigot's Timings v2 performance profiling facility.
- 2019-08-23: totemo defaulted seating to off in the spawn region with a WorldGuard flag due to players warping through the ship's hull and opened a feature request to allow seating to be disabled by default.
- 2019-08-24: totemo wrote an internal tech note on JDK 12, Shenandoah and ZGC and is investigating better monitoring tools.