Tweak of the Week is our weekly roundup of server configuration changes where we list everything we changed during a specific calendar week.
General Change Log
- 2019-08-29: totemo fixed
/giveto handle numeric IDs as well as new material names and namespaced material names. Tested on P and C.
- 2019-09-01: totemo enabled GC logging on BungeeCord. It's buttery smooth. Garbage collection is never triggered by low heap space. It runs at the 5 minute timeout and only pauses for about 0.2ms.
Web Site Change Log
- 2019-08-27: Deaygo made numerous changes to the website:
- Started rewriting the donation page for the new web site.
- Added commands to manage the list of past staff.
- Add delete and underline tags for Markdown rendering.
- Fixed blog absolute url.
- Fixed minutes in last edited readout.
Creative Change Log
- Nothing much.
PvE Change Log
- 2019-08-27: totemo raised a Spigot bug concerning WorldGuard being unable to detect Ravagers breaking crops.
- 2019-08-28: totemo fixed a NullPointerException on player login and numerous concurrency issues in TPControl.
- 2019-08-28: totemo fixed Doppelganger to treat
CAVE_AIR(Minecraft 1.13) as equivalent to
AIRwhen checking the border around block shapes.
- 2019-08-30: totemo reported a Spigot bug affecting equipment drop chances.
- The BeastMaster work-around from 6 months ago for this bug in Spigot for 1.13.2 is still in effect and equipment should drop as expected if mob types explicitly set drop chances. There is a subtle latent bug in BeastMaster mob equipment drops if a mob is configured to not drop vanilla items at all (doesn't apply in our configuration). That will be fixed in due course.
- Doppelganger was re-tested and it was confirmed that doppelgangers do drop wither skeleton skulls as expected. Praise RNGesus. Doppelganger includes a work-around for a presumed vanilla drop chance bug affecting head drops from 6 years ago. Seen in that light, the current Spigot bug may in fact be very, very old.
- 2019-08-31: totemo opened a feature request with the Spigot project to implement API events for flame arrows igniting extinguished campfires, so that they can be denied by WorldGuard.
- 2019-08-31: totemo did more investigation of Java 12 garbage collector performance. GC pauses on PvE are now logged. Shenandoah does most of the GC work concurrently (while the JVM is running Minecraft code) and final pauses (where Minecraft stops executing) typically only take about 1.5 ms. With 19 players online, garbage collection happens every 50 seconds or so. This all looks fine to me. At higher loads (40+ players) the GC triggers every 20 seconds or so. Raising the heap size from 12GB to 16GB puts them back to about once every 50-60 seconds. Not sure if it's really necessary, but the RAM is available so we'll use it.
- 2019-09-01: totemo fixed permissions of the