Tweak of the Week is our weekly roundup of server configuration changes where we list everything we changed during a specific calendar week.
General Change Log
- 2019-09-25: totemo spent a little bit of time moving old schematics into a folder structure. We have 809 schematics.
- 2019-09-28,29: totemo worked on restoring function to some performance measurement graphs. Renamed NerdStats (a stripped down JSONAPI work-alike) to NerdPerf, largely just to free up the former name, and started work on a Python script to query performance metrics and plot them with
Web Site Change Log
- 2019-09-23: Deaygo added RSS feeds for blog posts at https://nerd.nu/b.rss (all updates), https://nerd.nu/b/creative.rss, https://nerd.nu/b/pve.rss, https://nerd.nu/b/tech.rss and https://nerd.nu/b/head-news.rss.
- 2019-09-27: Deaygo tweaked handling of RSS URLs, did some more work on the donation page and worked on a schematics upload page.
Creative Change Log
- Nothing much.
PvE Change Log
- 2019-09-26: totemo spent some time looking into the current state of WGRegionEvents and enabled it on PvE to support various NerdFlags features. The
warpflag was removed from the
NerdFlagsdocumentation since the code was removed some time ago. We'll probably address the deficit by adding a way to run commands in console, similar to the EasySigns
- 2019-09-26: totemo clarified the documentation of the EasySigns
- 2019-09-27: totemo had to disable WGRegionEvents again because NerdFlags is locking the weather to rain in the overworld.
- 2019-09-27: totemo did some more investigation of performance measurements and incorrect entity counts showing up in timings reports. Chunks are a bit more complicated in 1.14. They are kept loaded by "ticket levels" which are explained a bit here and here. While on the subject, a few days back, a player complained about items despawning even though the chunks were not within the view distance. I guess that reinforces the idea that view distance is a separate concept from what the server loads and ticks. In the case under discussion, the player was about 125 blocks away from the dropped items (slightly less than 6 chunks) and they despawned.
- 2019-09-27: totemo did nothing to help this but, in 1.15, horses and boats will no longer vanish on dismount (unless Mojang manages to break them again before release). Just gotta hold on a little while longer.