Does anybody have ideas for making Survival more accessible? I need them for my poll.

Elephant Parade

It was more of a radical thought.

I think we can improve survival *to some degree* simply by improving here and there - especially infrastructure and making sure new players get the support or clanmates they need.

But if we care about success (and I think higher player numbers are more fun even with less vanilla gameplay) we can't make any significant leaps without alienating some of the playerbase, especially oldfiretrucks like me who joined before minecraft's average player age dropped by a few years.

To be clear, I don't want survival to become a generic factions server. My issues are that:

1. Our niche is too small

2. Our niche is boring/old

There are ideas out there for original servers still. We had some pretty neat ones at the server I work at, but they all dwindle off because we're /tiny/. At nerd we have a lot of experience with gameplay mechanics, lots of builders, coders, etc. If someone said "right, this is a thing" we can do it and have weekly meetings and github repos and whatnot.

• Upvote 1