rayneawesomegirl [totemo]

rayneawesomegirl

This account has been banned for ban evasion. It belongs to my niece, who plays from the same connection as I. If you go through her history, you'll find short play sessions, broken English, and nonsensical block edits, absolutely nothing like my own play history.

I'm writing this appeal for her because she's 10 years old and has no idea what's going on, and (in my opinion) it is unfair for her to be punished for my actions. Although if it's your policy to IP-ban a household based on one account's infractions, I understand and will have to explain that to her.

Thanks for taking the time to review the situation <3

alainjvd

I have a few concerns with the use of the account:

* alainjvd built rayneawesomegirl's house.

* rayneawesomegirl's IP address changed after alainjvd was banned, which looks suspiciously like an attempt to conceal the relationship between the two accounts.

* alainjvd has not appealed his ban, which could conceivably be because you intend to evade it on rayneawesomegirl's account.

Given the manner and extent of your rule infringement, how are we to trust that you will honour your ban?

You gonna tell me you never used rayne's account?

2013-10-01 03:58:40 [INFO] [rayneawesomegirl -> Kirstae] where are you
2013-10-01 03:58:49 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] home
2013-10-01 04:00:14 [INFO] [rayneawesomegirl -> Kirstae] lying whore
2013-10-01 04:00:19 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] wot
2013-10-01 04:00:28 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] this better not be Rayne
2013-10-01 04:00:42 [INFO] [rayneawesomegirl -> Kirstae] ur face is rayne m8\
2013-10-01 04:00:53 [INFO] [rayneawesomegirl -> Kirstae] come at me bro
2013-10-01 04:00:54 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] oi m8 fite me
2013-10-01 04:01:17 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] dont you have shit to do?

2013-10-01 04:00:28 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] this better not be Rayne
2013-10-01 04:01:17 [INFO] [Kirstae -> rayneawesomegirl] dont you have shit to do?

I believe they play in the same room, so reaching over to her laptop to type is not unbelievable since I have done similar things with my sisters. I don't condone Alain's behaviour at all, but I don't think his niece should be punished. 

If it means anything, I can definitely confirm that his niece plays on that account since I have skyped and played with them multiple times, at the same time.

From your perspective, your points are solid, and I do appreciate you actually taking the time to look into it. With that said, I have a few things to note.

I have a few concerns with the use of the account:

* alainjvd built rayneawesomegirl's house.
 * rayneawesomegirl's IP address changed after alainjvd was banned, which looks suspiciously like an attempt to conceal the relationship between the two accounts.
 * alainjvd has not appealed his ban, which could conceivably be because you intend to evade it on rayneawesomegirl's account.

Given the manner and extent of your rule infringement, how are we to trust that you will honour your ban?

Your concerns are valid and thorough, but server logs don't give the full context of events. I'm unfamiliar with the software/logging system you use to identify who built what (eg, if usernames are shown for each block edit, or if you have to look up a given user's block edits to see exactly who made what changes), so I'm compelled to point out that "alainjvd" was not the only contributor to the house. It was a short while ago now, but I believe we had three or four contributors. "alainjvd", of course, "rayneawesomegirl", "spooker6" and MAYBE "Kirstae"

Your second point can be explained by a dynamic IP address. Without knowing exactly when your logs indicate the IP address change, I can only speculate that it was due to the recent squirrel incident. Any loss in power to the modem causes a change in IP address.

Conceivably that could be the reason, absolutely. In reality, I don't see the point in wasting your time, or mine, with a futile appeal that, at best, will have to be re-appealed in a month's time. In all honesty, I may never appeal it, since I felt I was spending far too much time playing Minecraft and the ban will likely be good for me.

Ehhh... I guess reaching over her shoulder to type nonsense can be constituted as using it, in the strictest sense. I believe this excerpt, being posted without context, gives the impression that the entire account history is like that. As you'll note, there's a quick transition between writing styles, vocabulary, response time, and coherence before and after the excerpt. I sure haven't ever sat down and played on her account as I would my own. She saved up her allowance for a couple of months to buy herself an account, so, no, I'd never knowingly do anything to compromise her ability to play wherever she wants.

With that said, if you still feel that I am likely to abuse her account to bypass a ban instead of just buying a new account and playing through a tunnel, then I do completely understand. As I said, I can certainly understand your concerns from your perspective - they're thorough and solid - and all you have to go on is your perspective and my word. Either way, thanks for taking the time to look into it. It's a lot more than most server admins would do.

The fact remains that you used the rayneawesomegirl account to bypass your own ban. Regardless of context, this is not allowed, and this account should remain banned. If your neice feels that this isn't right, or if you do, the two of you have no one to blame but yourself (alainjvd) for ignoring the rules.

The fact remains that you used the rayneawesomegirl account to bypass your own ban. Regardless of context, this is not allowed, and this account should remain banned. If your neice feels that this isn't right, or if you do, the two of you have no one to blame but yourself (alainjvd) for ignoring the rules.

...?

I'm sorry, but it appears you have no idea what you're talking about. If you look at the time stamp, you'll note that the example totemo quoted was two weeks ago. At that point, I was not banned, and therefore it's impossible that I could have "used the rayneawesomegirl account to bypass my own ban" [based on that example. - edited in, sorry for making such an  absolute statement.]

Edited by rayneawesomegirl