Rev 23 - Launches this Weekend! Click for more information.

Mrloud15

Survival rev 23 will be starting this weekend! We don't have an exact time yet, but we wanted to give you guys a little time to prepare. I will make another post with the exact time once we figure it out. 

General Details About the Upcoming Revision

• The map is 4000 x 4000 (i.e. from 2000 to +2000 on both the X and Z axes).
  • Default terrain is set in a 1,800 radius circle centered at 0,0 (around 64% of the map). The remaining terrain is set to amplified. Link to a few screenshots of the terrain.
  • There are four cardinal roads this map, with portals located at the 350 and 800 block marks. There are also four hidden portals with one in each quadrant. Protections for the roads are set to 25 above and 1020 below the lowest point. Portal protections are set to 255 and 1020 below the lowest point.

Changes

• Simple Clans - This was suggested by some of you and here it is! This will add a new twist to clan fighting with things like a clan leaderboard, rivalries, and vitals!
  • KillStreak - Another plugin some of you guys suggested that we will be trying out this rev.
  • Combat Tag - This plugin will create a npc of a player with a copy of their inventory if they log out after being hit. If they log in before their npc is killed the player will take its place and receive any damage the npc received (you can't log out and in to kill yourself). If the npc is killed it will drop the player's inventory and the player will respawn at spawn next time they log in. We will be setting the tag time at 30 seconds. This means if you log out within 30 seconds of hitting or being hit by another player a npc will be created where you were standing. The npc will remain for 30 seconds before despawning.
  • Locking Clan Chests Players can now make a modreq for a 1x1x1 region to be created with a name of their choosing (will be denied if inappropriate). This region can be used to lock chest to a large group of players with one command. For unlocked chest, /cprivate r:<region name> , and for locked chest you would use /cmodify r:<region name>. (Please note that anyone in a region can access any chests locked to that region)

Things That Will be Returning

• Enchantism We will be keeping the same configuration as last rev.
  • PvPTimer This is not be enabled until after the first week, and the protection time will be changing from 1 hour to 30 minutes.
  • Creeper spawners They will be returning, and they will be randomly across the map.
  • Books These will still only require 3 paper to be crafted.
  • PlumpXP will still be in effect, continuing an experience plump of 8X the vanilla amount
  • Armored head drops will continue to be in effect.
  • Crafting recipes for horse armor and saddles will remain the same.

Survival Arena League (SAL)

• Started in rev 21 by Ludeman84, this series of weekly arena nights will be making a return for rev 23! We will release more details when we announce when the first arena is.

Notes 

• This post is not a complete representation of what will be changing and remaining the same next rev. I will be creating another post with more details a few hours before the rev will start.
  • Have any cool ideas or suggestions for Survival? Let us know! You can contact myself or cab417 on the forums, or you can contact me on IRC under Mrloud15.
  • Upvote 3