GetaFever [Head-Admin]

GetaFever

I am banned for mumble because I said a player's full name in a channel. I know that doxing is rude and should be taken seriously, but I do not feel that I should be punished in this instance. My reasoning for this being that the player and I were the only ones in the channel at the time, therefore no private information was disclosed to anyone else.

Here's a definition of doxing:

Disclosing personal information( i. e.Address, Full name, Phone number) on the internet.

Since there are no recordings in mumble, and no other users were in the channel at that time, I do not feel that this would fall under doxing.

Still though, It was a dick move from the start and I understand that there is a fine line between joking, and being a dick.

Thanks,

Geta

Hello GetaFever,

Just wanted to remind you to be patient.  I appreciate your appeal being sincere and polite.  We have all been busy lately but I will kindly remind someone to look into this when they have the time so this won't get passed over.  Again thank you for your patience.

In addition to the incident you describe, I also hear that you've been asking players for other players' facebook info or real names.

But you do seem to get it:

Still though, It was a dick move from the start and I understand that there is a fine line between joking, and being a dick.

which is helpful. I think applies to both things, and I appreciate that you understand why we can't allow this to continue on our mumble.

I can unban you from mumble tomorrow around 11am EDT.