ROCKONN [totemo] (req for head)

ROCKONN

Ban information:

Ban for ROCKONN on c.nerd.nu for abuse of moderator privileges nerd.nu/appeal by totemo on 2014-01-03 21:05:24 (no more bans, no notes)

Please be patient a head admin will be with you as soon as they can. If no one has attended to your appeal after 48 hours have past, please feel free to BUMP (Bring Up My Post) your appeal.

I will be handling this appeal. This is not something that we wanted to do, but the evidence was against you. Our logs show many chest accesses on S where you were depositing items in modmode, then removing them once you were out of modmode. Care to explain the reasons for these?

Much appreciated Den.

I assume by "many" you're referring to a diamond pickaxe & a name tag. While within modmode, I was unable to drop my tool into a block of lava- no change occurred in my inventory. At around the same time, I was checking whether or not name tags were working again. An interaction with a chicken & a tag while in modmode showed no change, so I privately put one into my chest to test with my non-modmode account. At the same time, I placed the pickaxe in my chest to burn on my non-modmode account. I can assure you that these items no longer exist, that the tag did work in non-modmode, that that specific pickaxe was not used outside of modmode, and that no benefit was made in the testing of the nametag, as said chicken has since been laid to rest.

As an additional note, were my player/ender chest data intact (I assume it's been rolled back as per S ban guidelines), you'd see that I already possess several pickaxes, all of which are enchanted by myself (with the exception of a highly damaged dpick unbreak3/eff3). I rarely, if ever, make more of something than I have to. At the time of this instance, I was in the process of grinding for the third dpick I needed, a silk touch one (As opposed to a fortune one & a general digging one). I had, and have, no use for another pickaxe.

You may ask "Why not use /ci, then respawn the mod kit?" Only within the past few moments have I realized that to be an alternative to my own method, but at the time wasn't a clear option for me. Over the past few days I've come down with a bit of a bad cold, and unfortunately the few times I've been awake I've been thinking a little less-than coherently.

Any other concerns?

Care to explain the items in this chest? This was one at the top of your base that only existed for a short while, but had the most edits, thus the "many" in my original post. This shows you filling one of your chests with stuff from your modmode inventory (specifically pictures 6, 7, and 8). Everything was removed from this chest and destroyed. Where were you getting these items in modmode (as you should always be vanished, and unable to pick up items), and what happened to them?

Certainly. Firstly, to address the chests themselves, that was my base's initial storage area before I created the multipurpose area further into the base. Towards the beginning of the revision, as you're well-aware, there were several restarts & rollbacks that inconvenienced a number of players. I believe it was around 2-3pm on the 22nd when either the last or second-to last of such errors occurred. At the time, I was in non-modmode. After the server finished its tantrum, I logged back in to find my inventory blank, but hey, no biggie. Several/10 minutes later(ish) I noticed..... what I believe to remember to be crop grief modreqs. When switching to modmode, I found that every item that'd previously been in my inventory had been placed into my modmode inventory. I believe this to be the first time I'd activated modmode on S, and that may have something to do with it. At this time I believed that my player data had become jumbled in the reset, so I took action to fix it by swapping inventories between the two modes, then went on my way. As you're most likely aware by the server logs (by your evident confusion by modmode's not being able to pick up items or the lack of commands issued to spawn such items), I did not spawn such items that were placed into my modmode player mode.

As to what became of the items after the chest's destruction, the majority were moved & sorted into the chests in my mulitpurpose room, others are at the bottom of a lava pit (after a small creeper accident), one saddle in particular is now on a deceased horse, lost to a flaming arrow.

Sorry for the delay, we appreciate your patience. We have decided that the reasonings given are plausible enough, though an admin should have been told at the time, so that you would have someone back up your story. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. Unbanned, welcome back.