Creative Rev 26 Project Planning Contest: A Whole New PokeWorld

ROCKONN

In the past month, I've rekindled my love for the majority of the Pokemon Universe, first through replaying ROMs, then through the wonderful mod Pixelmon. Within the past week on Rev25, I've successfully recreated a 2:1 model of Saffron City (FR/LG), including a fully functional Silph Co. Building (Tardis'd interiors, teleport pads, etc). The success with this project has inspired me to recreate the majority of a Pokemon region on Nerd, to the best of my ability, on a 2:1 scale. There are still several things to consider, including the extent of the recreation, the decision to be 2:1 or 1:1, as well as thing about whether or not to really make it on Nerd, but for now the only thing I'm concerned with is finding like-minded, talented individuals who not only have the desire to assist in this re-creation, but to be able to do so without being nagged to (as well as holding the right amount of creative insight to build independently in a consistent style). A project of this magnitude requires quick, effective effort in order to avoid loss of interest & lack of space (taken up by other builders).

To ensure that I've got a committed set of persons to oversee the construction of the (to be decided) region, I'm hosting this contest. All you need to do to enter for a position is to recreate a generic Poke building on a 2:1 scale from the FireRed/LeafGreen games, and post an image of it in this thread. FR/LG is being selected for a number of reasons, the most relevant being that it shows the most detail of the original Kanto region, and I'm a sucker for detail. The following buildings can be submitted for consideration:

PokeCenters

PokeMarts

Gyms

Special, smaller buildings (fighting dojo, pewter museum, mr fuji's house, etc)(not larger buildings (Pokemon tower, Silph Co, Celadon Dept Store, etc))

Interiors are not necessary, as all interiors are planned to be Tardis'd, but if you'd like to make separate interiors (1:1 scale) for your submission, be my guest.

The contest will end on the final day of Creative Rev25 to give ample time for specifying details before building. Questions? Ask! Best of luck to you all!

Edited by ROCKONN
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...