barneygale [ludeman84]

barneygale

Hi,

I appealed my forum+subreddit+mumble+irc bans on november 7th after a number of positive conversations with the head admins. We all agreed that we should take baby steps and that it was an evaluation period to see if I won't just get banned again. After my appeal succeeded, I talked to a head admin who felt "a few weeks" would be a good length of time to wait before appealing my in-game ban.

I appealed privately around Christmas. It was denied, but I left with the impression that the appeal was only slightly premature.

Since then I've learned that an important staff member (who I will not name) has threatened to leave if I am unbanned. The staffer leaving would have a fairly serious effect on the servers and negative impact on ordinary players, thus the head admins' hands are tied. My understanding is that at least three head admins are in favour of my unban, and that number might be as high as four of the five.

While I find this situation somewhat absurd, I have chosen not to fight it. In the grand scheme of things me playing on survival is not more important than everyone else having working servers.

However, there is a question of doubt over the threat this staffer supposedly made is still true. My understanding is that it was made several months ago, and as more of a off-hand remark than a solemn declaration.

Over the past month or so I have requested that head admins talk to this staff member - not to talk him round, merely to ask whether this threat was real and current. One head admin tried but was ignored; another tried, was ignored, and repeatedly asked the third head admin to do it. The third head admin described my request as a "low priority", despite it only being a favour that would take 2 minutes. I have also personally approached the staff member in question on multiple occasions and been totally ignored.

I am putting this appeal out there in the hope it will apply a small amount of pressure on the head admins to /actually ask/ the staffer whether he'd quit. If he says he would, I'm not going to fight it - I'll wait for him to retire or go inactive or get kicked off for trying this stunt on something more important than a ban.

If, however he doesn't feel as strongly on the issue as he once did, perhaps we can take one more baby step.

Thanks very much for your consideration!

Edited by barneygale

I hope this doesn't come off as unapologetic. I've kept my behaviour pretty decent over the past few months, and I have lots of plans for giving back to mcpublic - including a noob clan on survival, community radio show, special events, etc. I really feel I'm ready to come back, and feeling as though it's "just round the corner" all the time is wearing me down. I'd like to know one way or the other whether I've got another long wait on my hands or not.

Hello Barney,

I thank you for your patience and want to let you know that we are taking steps to resolve this matter as soon as we can.  Please bare with us and I'm sure that we will be able to resolve this shortly.

Again, apologies for the delay, some discussion had to take place before we could move forward. On many occasions, you and I have spoken about this and what is expected. As with all appeals, I'll say this: Be sure to fully read the rules before returning. Unbanned, welcome back.