[AC] SafeBuckets Changes

Dumbo52

If you haven’t heard already, I’ve been working on a SafeBuckets rewrite which uses block data instead of a database to collect data on the locations of safe sources. This provides several benefits, including better rollback of sources, and an ability to paste and move safe sources using WorldEdit.

This additionally provides several features, including:

• Water and lava from buckets will initially be set as safe sources. Safe sources will not flow unless a staff member flows them or another source flows into them.
  • You can check whether or not a fluid source block is safe by placing the fluid inspector tool block (lapis ore block).
  • You can set a fluid source block either safe or unsafe by left clicking with the fluid inspector tool block.
  • You can enable, disable, or give yourself a fluid inspector tool block with /sb toolblock [on|off|give].
  • Dispensers are initially unregistered when players place them. This means that if they dispense water or lava buckets, the resulting fluid source will be safe. Registered dispensers can dispense unsafe fluid sources.
  • You can check whether or not a dispenser is registered by right clicking it with the dispenser inspector tool (blaze rod).
  • You can register or unregister a dispenser by left clicking it with the dispenser inspector tool.
  • You can enable, disable, or give yourself a fluid inspector tool with /sb tool [on|off|give].
  • You can flow any safe sources within a WorldEdit selection with /sb flow or /sb setunsafe.
  • You can set safe any unsafe sources within a WorldEdit selection with /sb static or /sb setsafe.
  • In order to prevent lingering flows from misplaced sources (especially lava - that stuff’s hard to clean up), setting a block safe will immediately remove all of its child flows.
  • Fluid source changes by staff members are now logged in LogBlock.

The source and possibly more complete documentation are available here.

I'm currently running the new version of SafeBuckets on a server at [redacted], if you’d like to check it out and test things. Feel free to provide any feedback or suggestions.

I plan on moving this to mod chat private within a few days, but I’d like initial feedback from other admins first — particularly from techs and heads, since I haven’t heard as much from them yet.

• Upvote 2

Excellent work, thank you Dumbo.

I'd like some feedback on possible values for 'region.maximum-volume' ?

Also some feedback on how to go about training mods for the possibility of setting dispensers unsafe. Currently if players want to have redstone controlled fluid dispensing they need to use a piston/sticky piston that holds back the flow and those are easy to spot and determine what's going to happen before we flow the liquid. I'd imagine it'd be similar with dispensers, but I want to make sure we think of everything.

• 11 months later...