xoxx [draykhar]

xoxx

So I was in my chest putting armor on when to fight. Before it was all on someone killed me. I quickly responded with some homophobia. I know its not allowed. And i have read the rules multiple times...it was just a spur of the moment thing there was no thought process at all.  I immediately appologized and admited my mistake. I even modreqed myself incase they missed my apology but clearly it was too much.

Draykhar I know you dont like me but please dont hold grudges.

Hello xoxx,

To start, I don't dislike you. I dislike the approach you've taken to chat and speaking with other players lately. I'm indifferent towards you, and aim to treat this ban appeal as I would any other. 

I banned you for your homophobic outburst in chat earlier. As you well know, the nerd servers have a zero tolerance policy with racism, homophobia, and various other types of hate speech or harassment. Combining this occurrence with some of the other complaints you've gotten recently you're heading yourself down a path to a much longer ban than this. I strongly advise you reconsider the way you treat other people in chat. I don't want to see you here again. 

Please reread the rules as well as this (https://nerd.nu/forum/index.php?/topic/20-banned-for-a-homophobic-or-racial-slur-read-this/ ) and post back here no sooner than Friday, May 31st, and I'll see to it your unbanned.

So now it is the 31st. I was kindly asked to reply back here on this date. Here I am...I have read the rules again and do understand them. While reading the rules, I continued down the page and saw the proceedure for banning. It seems to indicate that unless the server is very busy or the perp is doing something that could be bad for the server, then the perp will be notified prior to ban. You mentioned my other notes and I went and looked and they are all older than my last ban. If they are in-fact older, then they souldnt have any role on your reason for banning. Also, shouldnt I have been warned first? This was my frst offense for homophobia too. Not that, that makes it ok but still. 

Guest Former Staff

Hello Xoxx, I'm going to leave your appeal open so that you can receive a response to your latest questions. However you are at your unban date, so I have gone ahead and unbanned you.

In cases like this, we choose to remove the player and handle the discussion here to be sure things are handled properly. We strive to be a community that accepts all types and lifestyles. We choose to remove players because some may not be willing to stop that sort of chat and we don't want people to feel unwelcome. We did not intend to make you feel we were being extra harsh for any reason, this is a typical response for this situation. I hope the rest of your time on our servers is enjoyable and we do not see you in this section again. As Barlimore did, I'm leaving this open because I believe you still have an unanswered question.

Thanks for responding, xoxx. Sorry I couldn't get back to this one sooner. I appreciate barlimore unbanning you in a timely fashion. 

For most of your concern, I believe Denevien covered most of it accurately. it's easier to pull the player aside and talk it out here then simply throw them another warning and note. 

As the rules properly quote it "

• In most cases, an attempt at establishing communication will be made prior to a ban. However, during certain times the server can be very busy, and depending on reason for the ban, you may not be warned. In situations where the player is significantly changing the game environment, they may be banned without any warning.

Whilst you say that your previous notes "souldnt have any role on your reason for banning", I left those out of this ban entirely: a typical ban length for racism/homophobia is 4 days. Although your previous notes did not give me a reason to ban you, your actions did.

Within the past month you've gotten two notes added for harassment of other players:

Note #30770 for xoxx on c.nerd.nu: sexual harassment on s, warned. by bhrossman on 2013-05-06 15:22:26
Note #31494 for xoxx on c.nerd.nu: warned for harrassment by draykhar on 2013-05-27 18:47:07

Add this ban to it, and we've clearly got a trending habit with you:  The way you treat other people through what you say isn't okay. I'd like to consider this ban me pulling you aside and letting you know that we've seen the way you treat others, seen it very well, and unless you start treating other people a little more reasonably, you can expect to be excluded from this community.