Storm_Splurge_2 [redwall_hp]

DeadAccount12345

I was banned yesterday some time after I submitted a modreq asking for some help, since a player had used fire to kill me and take my stuff on PvE.

The official reason for banning me is "alt of a banned player", which, while 100% correct, is no longer valid as of last year. I'd spoken with Cyotie on this

issue some time ago, and the way he dealt with it was keeping all of my accounts but one banned, seeing as he thought the usernames I had and the connotations that go

along with them may tarnish the reputation of the server, but here I am, banned for an issue that has already been resolved.

The accounts that were, and are banned, are Thinkpad, TickleMyCucumber, Storm_Splurge_2, and Storm_Splurge. These accounts were under different names when we had first spoken, but I don't really

see how that pertains to this. I've already spoken to Buzzie and letheal about this ban, but I figured it would be a good idea for record-keeping, in case something like this ever happens again, to make a formal

appeal.

So, basically, I used to be a 1337 xray ddos master, and that got all of my accounts banned on nerd. I am no longer this type of player, but my old mistakes are coming back to haunt me, and I just want to set the record straight.

Hope this helps. Also, http://i.imgur.com/1U0jbpl.png here is a link to what is left of the convo me and Cyotie had.

Thanks for any help,

Storm/Magyk.

Hello. I had a talk with buzzie on the night of the ban and am aware of the situation. I'll get you a response as soon as I can, once I sort some things out with cyotie and the other head admins.

My main concern is that one of the accounts cyotie chose to keep banned was Storm_Splurge, while unbanning TragicalBridge. But for some reason you went and renamed TragicalBridge to be Storm_Splurge_2, sort of doing an end run around that.

Yeah, sorry about that one, I renamed it for use on another server, and I forgot that was the only one that was unbanned on Nerd. I would be happy to change it back to something different after the renaming period is over. Just a question, however, is it really necessary to keep Storm banned for the name? I understand that AVO was big enough for it to matter when the ban occured, but I don't really think that they are relevant enough anymore for it to be an issue.

Sorry for the huge delay.  I don't personally have an issue with the name you have chosen.  It doesn't portray your choices in the most flattering light, however, I personally don't have an issue with this username.  Give me a day to discuss your unbanning with the rest of the heads.  Know that, if you use the name to troll on our server, (i.e. state that you are storm, or that you are a part of the griefing group) you can probably expect to be banned.

Thank and I'll get back to you shortly.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long, but I've got a response for you from the heads. As of now, you are unbanned, and may continue to use your name or change it as you wish, however, if you troll with the name (e.g. griefing team references) you can expect to be rebanned.