Forever_A_Steve

Forever_A_Steve

Block grief? 

All I know was that I put some sand blocks down to cushion my fall(which didn't work, and i died) and moved 2 blocks. That is a minor grief, not an insta-ban.

But I would like to know why the sudden haste decision when I havent even exited the build yet, to put the blocks in place since the spawner actually breaks server rules itself by not allowing access to players.

If there is somewhere else I am unaware about, then please tell me. But I noticed that this came IMMEDIATELY and harshly after not even being able to GET OUT of the build.

There has not been 1 single warning this rev, nor for the majority of last rev about griefing.

Major or minor, there has been no notification. Just banhammer with no explanation.

I fully understanding what griefing is and understand nerd.nu rules about it, but This is being unreasonable.

edit: The build was not protected, and as rules on wiki states, Underground resources are considered to be public property. Mines, drop shafts, etc. will not be protected.

Why Am I being banned for digging my way (2 block edit) into a mob spawner when it was not protected and not having a chance to get out and put the blocks back in a build that was already breaking server rules by denying players access to the resource through no openings and locked chests connected to the hoppers that collect the resource?

Edited by Forever_A_Steve

You did some block grief on P. Since you already have two previous notes from griefing on the server, this third one resulted in a ban. The affecting factors were also lying about it when I asked and not fixing it when given the chance, but instead just logging out.

Logs & screenshot

[11:28:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> i found some stairs near where i died
[11:28:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> huh. it's blocked off
[11:29:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> how do i see if theres protections before i break through the wall?
((you get an answer from global))
[11:32:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> thank god i can break wood with hand
[11:32:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> :OOOO
[11:32:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> i found the slime spawner!
[11:32:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> I will reveal the info tomorrow
[11:33:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zomise> Rokku found it
[11:33:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zomise> it's posted on the subreddit
[11:33:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> but since rokku was a dick, i need to do some things
[11:33:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zomise> you're not allowed to alter other people's builds
[11:33:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> im not

((At this point I decided to check out the situation and teleported to your location in modmode.))

ghm7xDg.png

[11:35:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Forever_A_Steve> but i didn't appreciate how rokku was toward me
[11:36:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Zomise> so you fixing what you broke?
[11:38:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Forever_A_Steve left the game.

The issues you raised

All I know was that I put some sand blocks down to cushion my fall(which didn't work, and i died) and moved 2 blocks. That is a minor grief, not an insta-ban.

There has not been 1 single warning this rev, nor for the majority of last rev about griefing.
Major or minor, there has been no notification. Just banhammer with no explanation.

Already addressed this at the start, but mainly we do not allocate players allowed amount of grief per rev. Players are viewed as whole, throughout all servers and revs. You've had previous warnings about griefing and this was your third time. That it was the first time this rev and minor does not make it warning only.

But I would like to know why the sudden haste decision when I havent even exited the build yet, to put the blocks in place since the spawner actually breaks server rules itself by not allowing access to players.

There was a big opening on two sides to the caves inside the grinder. It was by no means 100% enclosed and you weren't trapped. It is possible to both exit and enter the grinder without breaking any player placed blocks. You also did not break the spruce logs to get out, you broke them to get in. If you had replaced the blocks like I asked you to, this wouldn't be an issue.

Whether the grinder itself breaks the server rules or not, is not the issue here. If you find something that breaks our rules, please modreq it and mods and admins will handle it. In this case the chest owner has already been mailed that the chests have to be public. This does not make it ok to grief.

Here's one of the clearly visible exit/entrances to the surrounding cave system you could've taken without breaking anything:

Ls8FBP1.png

edit: The build was not protected, and as rules on wiki states, Underground resources are considered to be public property. Mines, drop shafts, etc. will not be protected.

Spruce log is not a natural mineshaft resource and your question in global about checking protections reflect that you were well aware they were player placed blocks. Only natural resources are considered public property. If someone builds underground, you are not allowed to grief them. Your attempts of rule lawyering are making me believe that you're purposefully trying to walk on the line here.

Would you like to respond before I decide your ban length?

2 wood stumps was it and I didnt see the holes.

Also there were no mentions or notifications that I did any grief this rev.

The ban length should be minimal, or just immediately lifted.

And yes, I did leave.

Got back on 10 minutes later to come back and look for a way out and recieved a ban.

Edited by Forever_A_Steve

Also there were no mentions or notifications that I did any grief this rev.

Please read my message again. We do not view grief warnings per rev. You do not have a certain amount of allowed grief per rev. All your past warnings will be taken into consideration in cases like this and you had past block grief warnings. You knew what you were doing was wrong and your attitude is not helping.

Your ban length is 24 hours. You can reply here tomorrow quoting the rules you broke and that you've reread the rules and I'll unban you when the ban time is up.

Please read my message again. We do not view grief warnings per rev. You do not have a certain amount of allowed grief per rev. All your past warnings will be taken into consideration in cases like this and you had past block grief warnings. You knew what you were doing was wrong and your attitude is not helping.

Your ban length is 24 hours. You can reply here tomorrow quoting the rules you broke and that you've reread the rules and I'll unban you when the ban time is up.

I will be back at exactly 12am EST

If the individual had prior notes for the same offense, I'd probably take it to a short ban. Adding notes and messaging hasn't worked at this point, if it's the third instance.

Do you think it's reasonable that this is done considering that my past warnings are from revs 14 and 15?

I don't remember the first one, but I knew that the 2nd one was digging sand off a beach, not knowing that it has already been claimed.

I'm sure it's been over 6 months since I have received a grief warning.Why ban now?

Guest Former Staff

Do you think it's reasonable that this is done considering that my past warnings are from revs 14 and 15?

I don't remember the first one, but I knew that the 2nd one was digging sand off a beach, not knowing that it has already been claimed.

I'm sure it's been over 6 months since I have received a grief warning.Why ban now?

I've split your comment from your rule suggestion topic into your ban appeal as your comment is best suited here.

I do believe a short 24 hour ban is very reasonable, not long enough away to be an issue for you but given the third instance of minor griefing, needed to remind you of the rules since /msg or warnings have not worked.