Ajr369 [totemo]

ajr369

I was banned for using X-Ray on P.nerd.nu.

I would like to be unbanned because I was not using X-Ray and I was just digging a 3x3 tunnel toward the spawn from my region.

Sorry for anything that has happened.

I'll gladly take a complete wipe for any damage caused by the tunnel.

Thanks

-AJ

Edited by ajr369

This is not my first xray ban, nor is it Trooprm32's. He was the P admin who seconded my evaluation.

Since you contest it I'll give you the opportunity to defend the edits in question.

Firstly, please tell me the story of how you discovered the two diamond deposits labelled 6 and 7 in this image?

1apZvrL.png

When I was creating the tunnel I was finding plenty of ores and continued to mine until I pretty much got all of it in the area. Also while playing and walking back and forth from the start of the tunnel to where I was the rendering and lag of the server made me able to see ores through the walls. So you know might as well right?

Thanks

-AJ

If that was the case, then the coordinates of those diamonds would be on the chunk boundary. That's a coordinate divisible by 16, exactly, or 15/16ths = 0.9375 of the way through the chunk.

oy5KU7r.png

We're facing positive X. That is these two diamonds are more-or less lined up on a line of changing X. The Z coordinate differs only by 1.

r88IAVZ.png

For deposit #7:

* X = 795 = 49.6875* 16. Nearest chunk boundary: 50 * 16 = 800, 5 blocks away.

* Z = -1076 = -67.25 * 16. Nearest chunk boundary: 67 * 16 = -1072, 4 blocks away.

f55dmae.png

For deposit 6:

* X = 789 = 49.3125 * 16. Nearest chunk boundary: 49 * 16 = 784, 5 blocks away.

* Z = -1075 = -67.1875 * 16. Nearest chunk boundary (again): -1072

You're lying to me.

It's late where I am. I'll finish the appeal process tomorrow.

I'll deal with the administrative formalities of your appeal up front and then go into further detail about why you were banned.

You're banned for one month. Your inventory and all of your edits have been wiped. The ores you mined are gone permanently.

Please open a new appeal on the 16th of October and you will be unbanned.

You have not denied being able to see the ores in a non-standard way. You offered the excuse that you had seen diamonds #6 and #7 due to lag, but they are not on a chunk boundary, so that is not true. The last image above shows that you tunnelled directly towards 7 but changed direction within the first two blocks of mining to go diagonally up and to the right to get diamond #6. Diamonds #6 and #7 were mined approximately 1 hour (~03:16 server time) after you had made the rail tunnel off which you branched (~02:00).

The rollback shows that diamond #10 was under lava.

IV12yjX.png

You mined directly through the wall of the tunnel to the diamond, making a cobble roof as you went. Again this was about an hour after the main tunnel was made. And then you backfilled the path with cobble to try to cover up the fact. You were not swimming in lava to discover the diamond. You mined to it (from a distance) through stone.

azMMpvP.png
cdROdB2.png
3li3jIS.png

You mined diamond #3 at 01:12 (red scribbles in the image below) and placed cobblestone in the lava under it. You also mined out a single block of granite in the wall behind it looking for connected ore.

LmfUl5o.png
mmG2fyW.png

You came back 2 hours later at 03:18 and mined diamond 8. You placed a cobble roof in the lava over diamond #9 at 03:20. You mined directly to these diamonds through stone, rather than finding them by lava swimming.

2RqMGeA.png