Permit region owners to modreq fire spread be enabled for their region

Mumberthrax

Because sometimes you have a lot of jungle you want to clear out.

Maybe have it enabled only for a limited duration unless explicitly requested otherwise.

edit:

I feel bad bringing this one up since the trees on this map are so nice. I really was thinking about previous maps where I've been involved in projects that required clearing huge tracts of land by hand, producing more lumber than was ever used. doing that several times gets old.

Edited by Mumberthrax
  • Upvote 3

Maybe have it enabled only for a limited duration unless explicitly requested otherwise.

It'd be cool to figure out how to restrict the fire to your region (where it stops at the region border) so you wouldn't have to keep asking for a new one to be ignited. Despite the fact the server has log block, it might create more of a challenge if you are forced to either clean up the damage yourself or put together some creating planning when doing this sort of thing so you don't destroy all your buildings and whatnot.

Ninja edit: You should also probably be a region owner to do this kind of request, but I doubt it matters to a huge degree in the long term.

Edited by AvadaKedavra

@avada: worldguard has a flag that allows you to enable/disable fire spread per region. hmm maybe I am not understanding fully.

@zomise: definitely would need to have some stipulations in order to prevent things like a city owner suddenly enabling fire spread for the entire city.

We are attempting something similar with watwr this rev. Depending on how it goes, fire could be an option. If we did it similar to how water works it would take a region owner, and it would have to fall under the "you break it you fix it" rule - it could very easily be "accidentally" abused, but with some work it's possible.

• Upvote 1

+1 support

Just make sure that regions that have fire spread enabled are labelled as such (something like [name]_firespread) to prevent them from being expanded by unsuspecting staff and that the regions are small and have a legitimate reason for needing fire spread.

If we did something like this it would be the same as water flow, i.e. "You break it you fix it" - it comes down to allowing more options at the expense of safety, with all of the regions going on for protections adding more for fire spread would add a ton to the server. It's not really up to us to decide what "legitimate usage" is.

• Upvote 1