Rule Clarification: Player Impersonation

Silversunset01

The below text (in italics) has been added to the rules page (located at nerd.nu/rules) to clarify the player impersonation rule.

No impersonating other players, particularly staff

This includes both claiming to be another person or staff, as well as changing your screen name in a way that can be thought to be another user. In these instances your account may be banned until you can change the name again.

• Upvote 1

I suggest the following wording for the rule, to not give the unintentional image of staff being considered more important:

-> No impersonating other players or pretending to be staff.

And the clarification then simplified a bit. This is  about making the rules read more clearly. I think the original intention probably was about pretending to be staff when you're not and then it came more about the name changes and people being confused who's who. This wording would carry the meaning for both.

Questions:

Since it's not considered ban evasion when they rejoin with another account, what happens if for example on P they'd request access to their own chests for their alt account? I'm assuming this would not be given, since identity couldn't always be 100% confirmed, but would like to get a clarification. Would it simply be a padmin decision either way (not sure if C has locked chests)?

Why is this an exception for the ban evasion rule? Would we enforce ban evasion rules, when we ban a player with a racist name and tell them they can join once they've changed their name, but they instantly join again with an alt?

4 hours ago, Zomise said:

Questions:

Since it's not considered ban evasion when they rejoin with another account, what happens if for example on P they'd request access to their own chests for their alt account? I'm assuming this would not be given, since identity couldn't always be 100% confirmed, but would like to get a clarification. Would it simply be a padmin decision either way (not sure if C has locked chests)?

The point of this thread is to alert people to the change - If someone chooses to use their name change in a way that is judged too close to another user *and* staff makes the decision to ban it will be at admin discretion whether an alt account is added to chests/regions.

Why is this an exception for the ban evasion rule? Would we enforce ban evasion rules, when we ban a player with a racist name and tell them they can join once they've changed their name, but they instantly join again with an alt?

Each instance will be handled on a case-by-case basis, having an account banned in this case is *not* a free-pass to use an alt.

Responses in blue

Edited by Silversunset01
spelling

Guest Former Staff
4 hours ago, Zomise said:

I suggest the following wording for the rule, to not give the unintentional image of staff being considered more important:

-> No impersonating other players or pretending to be staff.

And the clarification then simplified a bit. This is  about making the rules read more clearly. I think the original intention probably was about pretending to be staff when you're not and then it came more about the name changes and people being confused who's who. This wording would carry the meaning for both.

Questions:

On your first question here Zom, the padmins and I are currently making sure we're all on the same page but we'll aim to get clarification out in the next 24 hours on whether we would add people to chests and regions under an alt account on request, should the primary account be banned for the circumstances described above.

Guest Former Staff

Following up from your question Zomise: We would not grant any requests where an alt of an impersonation-ban account asks to be added to regions and/or chests.

• 2 weeks later...