anderfreeb [draykhar]

Anderfreeb

Hello moderator. 

So I joined the Reddit PVP server and spent a few minutes messing around at spawn and seeing what it all was about. I admit, I didn't read the rules so I didn't know that what I was doing was against the rules. 

When I try to log in, it says I am banned for crop grief. I assume this is referring to how I stole crops from people's fields so I wouldn't get hungry. I thought that since it was a pvp server, we were allowed to steal from each other, that seems pretty pvp to me. But alas, I suppose it was against the rules.

Also, I logged out when fighting some guy because I freaked out and didn't want to die. That is also against the rules, but I didn't know it. No excuse. Not sure if my ban includes that. 

So I don't really expect to get my ban lifted seeing how I blatantly broke rules (because I didn't read them). I guess what I'm here for is to just know how long my ban is. Is it permanent?

Thanks,

Anderfreeb

I appreciate your honesty, that'll expedite this process. It's very uncommon for us to issue a permaban on the servers, and I don't see the need in an incident like this.

Please remember to replace what you break. Although pvp is actively encouraged on these servers, taking other peoples blocks or crops (without replanting) is not.

Please read the rules (http://www.redditpublic.com/wiki/Rules) and reply here, citing which you broke, and I'll see your unbanned.

Looks like the rules I broke where these ones:

"Destroying blocks placed by other players."   I broke through a guy's wall to get in his courtyard and then I did the next rule breaking:

"Destroying crops without replanting."  I took crops and didn't replant all of them (I did at one base, but not another) to use for food.

and 

"Logging off while engaged in combat."  I was about to get wrecked in my first fight (ignoring getting killed when meandering away from spawn, this was the first time I actually had anything good on me) so I logged out to not get killed and then came back a while later and ran away.  Can't imagine why I didn't think that one would be against the rules, but I just sorta freaked out.

Those are all the rules I remember breaking. I've read all the rules now and won't be breaking them any time soon.

Thanks,

Anderfreeb

I appreciate your follow through, and even going so far as to explain how you broke each of them. It shows you have a much firmer understanding of the rules than when I banned you. Thank you!

I'm unbanning you now, I suggest reading the rules in spawn one last time, and then have fun!