Jump to content
defiex

Revision 21 Changelog PvE

Recommended Posts

October 8th

  • We responded to the latest suggestionbox suggestion here.
  • We held a padmin meeting earlier today, here are our public meeting notes:
  • Spoiler
    • We decided a deadline of our next meeting for any tasks which we do not currently have a working deadline for.
      • This was needed due to our two week blackout where we were enjoying the early revision.

    • We decided on an approach to take with setting up prizes for the coins obtained through the 12 castles around the map.
    • We discussed our timeline for revision 21 in the context of the events we wish to host, their durations, dates and the content themselves.
    • We discussed natural resources on the surface of land claims, following a discussion from a January padmin meeting and concluded not to add any additional layers of bureaucracy.
    • We settled on a theme for revision 22.
    • We divided some of the more significant tasks for revision 22 up among us (building a spawn, creating an overworld map, creating a nether map & ensuring all of our documentation gets updated), assigning most of these tasks. Our plan is to slowly chip away at these tasks throughout the revision, rather than only focus on them during a 6 or 7 week revision preparation schedule.
    • We decided on the topics for our first P community survey.
      • All seven of the topics included will directly feed into tasks that we’re looking to action but with the aim of including the P community into the decision-making more.

    • We tasked ourselves to double-checking that all issues which occurred during the revision 21 preparation / launch are documented on our revision 21 trello board, ready for when we carry them over for revision 22 preparation next year.
    • We discussed an update on the /signtext suggestion and its current status.
    • We discussed an improved feature coming to P very soon - based on a function already in use. We confirmed the status of testing and have assigned ourselves to documenting the changes ready for a public release.
    • We shared a new livemap marker for rail stations as the current icon blends in with the rendered terrain too much. We confirmed plans to implement this at a later date. The current icon is a minecart.
    • We confirmed plans to release a post detailing our intention of how we plan to support community-run events.
    • We confirmed plans to initiate a full update of the death messages, with community-sourced submissions.
    • We confirmed our plans to train our latest moderator tonight, and our attempts to reach out to another two still awaiting training.
    • We confirmed that there are plans for EasyRider to include voxelmap-friendly coordinates with /hgps commands in a future update. No ETA.
    • We confirmed the status of a fix for a TrainCarts issue which renders minecarts immovable on unpowered powered rails.
    • We confirmed plans to release blog posts at slightly longer intervals, to allow us to focus time elsewhere a little more. We also confirmed plans to reach out and invite people to submit information to be included in the first blog post.
    • We confirmed the status of releasing the ore generation distributions of revision 21.
    • We discussed the progress of our plans to release an event towards the end of the month.
    • We discussed a number of other events we would like to do, particularly from the new year onwards.
    • We confirmed that we will release public notes of our meeting today.
    • We confirmed our next meeting to be scheduled for the same time, next weekend - Pending some real world chaos/plans not interfering.
    • We confirmed that all tasks assigned will be updated into our trello board with the deadlines discussed throughout.
    7

     

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 11th

  • The cartograph for Rev 21 is now available.
  • A fix has been implemented on P to try to reduce the frequent lag that players have been experiencing. We'll be watching over the next few days to gauge improvement.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 13th

  • We've responded to five of our most recent suggestionbox suggestions here. More responses to follow for the newest of the suggestions.
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 15th

  • We've responded to two of our latest suggestions here.
  • A few hours ago, we held a padmin meeting. You can view our public meeting notes here:
Spoiler

  • We started by going over our assigned tasks for revision 22; Building a spawn, overworld map, the concept of an upper nether and documentation. We highlighted areas which we will need to create documentation for, reach out for feedback on and others which we are comfortable making progress upon. Some preliminary decisions were made on map sizes.

  • We decided to split some of the questions off the planned P survey as they were bottlenecking progress too much. The questions split off will feature as a standalone poll / feedback topic.

  • We confirmed that the revision 21 issues we encountered have been documented with solutions on our rev preparation board, ready to be carried over to a revision 22 board.

  • We confirmed the progress on an upcoming feature update with an urgency to focus on completing the public documentation as well as the admin commands documentation before rolling out the update.

  • We established a process for us advertising community-run events and will be looking to publish a topic with the details.

  • We confirmed the progress of our death message update which will involve community contributions once more.

  • We confirmed the two recent moderators which had received P specific training, as well as reaffirming the individuals we are expecting to be training in the near future too.

    • We detailed areas in which we need to update for our moderation guide to better cover what we provide in our training.

  • We confirmed the status of an ongoing rail issue regarding unpowered rails not allowing individuals in minecarts to move on them.

  • We confirmed our intention to release a pre-blog post soon, inviting people to be featured within the first blog.

  • We confirmed that we have received approval with the tech admins to release our ore distribution configuration for this revision and will be publishing soon.

  • We viewed the progress of an upcoming event and discussed in depth the next steps to be taken for developing the event, along with some of the significant features of it.

  • We discussed plans for a future event and will seek to start planning for that event too.

  • We reviewed all of the modreqs currently handled by padmins and looked at opening more up to other admins and our wider moderation team. We will be seeking to publish updates for various staff on these.

  • We confirmed the approach to take where afking at a mob grinder tanks TPS due to items overflowing: Expect a (friendly) kick!

  • We confirmed intentions to test a new grief-protection feature on pve-dev shortly and the process we’d like to take with seeing it made active.

  • We confirmed intentions to add in a padmin meeting room at spawn for [redacted].

  • We took the time to view the revision 22 spawn layout which has been built so far. Currently entirely bare, ready for a slow process of decoration throughout the revision, in time for sprucing up on pve-dev during our formal revision preparation.

  • We made plans to expand the admin multiverse and to better organise the ongoing projects there.

  • We confirmed a long-term plan to review and update our PvE admin guide which documents the processes we take, keeping us accountable.

  • We ended by confirming that these notes will be made public as soon as possible and that our next meeting would take place next Sunday too.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×