aliaspanther [totemo]

aliaspanther

I seem to have been banned on the grounds of, as the server puts it, "Banned: xray on p.nerd.nu nerd.nu/appeal."

I am not exactly certain what this means. This has not been the first time the server has banned or blocked me for an unknown or invalid reason (March 4th I had to send an email to outages as it appeared my entire IP address had been blacklisted by the server without cause).

Were I to take an educated guess after a few searches of what "xray" is in relations to Minecraft, I'd assume the ban was due to possibly suspicious mining activity wherein I happened upon at luck a couple locations of Diamond Ore and, as any seasoned Minecraft player would do, proceeded to mine said blocks with a Fortune III enchanted Pickaxe (which could also possibly give the impression of mining more of such a resource than is practically available).

I'd like to assure the staff of Nerd.Nu that at no point have I ever used a mod, plugin, or any other third-party scripted routine that would fall under the category of "xray," much less not knowing of their existence before making this post. Were you to check through your logs that monitor modular activity, if such logs exist, you'll find not a single mod I have used would be in violation of the Terms of Service (REI Minimaps & Tabby Chat being my primary ones, and only recently adding the ArmorStatusHUD after reviewing several Youtube videos recommending them).

Prior to receiving the ban notice, I had been disconnected on several occasions citing java socket errors, and prior to that a massive surge of players were booted from the server (some players making comments of "netsplits," an old IRC term meant to describe a particular region being disconnected from the server).

In addition to the above, during the time I have been writing this appeal I have been informed by a personal friend in the game that many of the blocks I have placed/removed recently have been reverted, thereby causing grief and havoc upon his build, and likely utterly destroying and/or debilitating the Carbon Rail system I have rigorously been assisting TheRandomnatrix with building in the Overworld and Nether.

It is with great anticipation I request an appeal and review into this ban. At the very least while the review is in process and the character of my person scrutinized, I request you re-revert the sections of the world that I have had involvement with so it does not continue to cause issues for the other players (especially the Carbon rail system).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Chad | aliaspanther

I'd like to append as an addendum that in the 45 to 60 minutes after posting this appeal, I have been conversing via voice chat with my friend who has made comment, after comment, after anecdotal comment of how messed up, trashed, and bizarre the CARBON units, rail lines, and system as a whole has become due to this action. Though I do not believe it is my encumbrance, I'd like to offer my apologies to TheRandomnatrix for this massive inconvenience it has caused him. I strongly suggest that policy be written or revised for future bans that research into a banned player's activity be performed prior to rolling back / reversing his or her involvement in builds server-wide, and how such an activity reversal might affect negatively other players; and, if it would, policy and procedures need to be in place to properly handle these situations and how to safely reverse the player's activity whilst refraining from adverse affects upon others (regardless of whether the ban is/was sound).

Edited by aliaspanther

Codswallop.

You broke a mere 8 stone for every diamond you struck.  The first image shows that you made a beeline through the ceiling and then into the side of a rail tunnel direct to diamond.  It also shows you digging straight down to diamond number 5.  You repeated the pattern of mining direct to diamond off the side of tunnels, turning directly towards ores for no reason and meticulously backfilling with cobble to hide your tracks.

You're banned for a month.  Read the rules (http://nerd.nu/rules) and open a new appeal on the 16th of June, stating that you will abide by them from now on.  The damage that you have caused to TheRandomNatrix's build will be repaired at the discretion of a server admin.  You're in no position to dictate server policy on what should be done when someone cheats.

fsvQ9vK.png

pTkql89.png

TwYypul.png

51qnC3G.png

3wx4YGx.png

hTY5QSl.png

DmMMRt3.png

YGPGNlJ.png