Random program time: Minecraft Chat Speaker

GMMan

I thought it would be funny to make a program to pipe in-game-chat output through text to speech. If you've heard of Moonbase Alpha, you'll know how funny/annoying the chat in that game is. So here's one that uses Microsoft Speech API to speak the in-game chat. The server you're playing on must use '<' and '>' to delimit player names (e.g. in vanilla Minecraft and MCPublic).

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29365870/MinecraftChatSpeaker.zip

Source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29365870/MinecraftChatSpeaker_src.zip

Requires Windows and .NET Framework 3.5.

Usage: Click "Select..." and browse to your .minecraft folder. Then choose output-client.log. Click OK, then click Start. Play on nerd.nu. Each player will be assigned a random voice, if you have multiple installed. And only English voices are used. And you can't use "VW Paul", since the computer I wrote this on doesn't have a valid license for it (not my computer) and I excluded it from the list.

Text box on the bottom is for testing purposes. Type a message that is in the same format as would be in game (i.e. "<playername> I'm saying crap.").

Source code is messy and otherwise sucks. I'll work on it. What do you expect, it was whipped up in a couple of hours. Alpha version, don't expect customization.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...