Revision 22 Launch Day Checklist

Tharine

Putting this in Mod Chat as we're not doing anything private that we need to keep staff-only, and it might interest others to see what we need to do in order to make sure we have everything prepared day of the launch. I would propose that we take down the current chaos events perhaps at least an hour prior to the proposed launch time for the new revision, to ensure that we get everything covered in time. I'm unsure how many tech admins are going to be available to help us with this launch, but if any of you would like to begin preparations earlier, by all means let's do so! I'll plan to be waking up roughly 3 hours before launch time, so I should be around to help out from around that time onwards (following the mandatory cup of tea, of course). That said, here are the things that I think we should ensure are ready for final launch, please feel free to correct me on anything or suggest anything else to consider, i'm horribly forgetful at the best of times:

1. Bring down s.nerd.nu, load up the prepared map, set up the appropriate config things (I know we've been messing around with a few different things on event.nerd.nu), and whitelist for staff only.
  2. Test that WorldGuard regions are still working properly, particularly the spawn and spawn_nopvp ones.
  3. Double check region flags for spawn and its child region(s).
  4. Check that warp signs at spawn still function correctly.
  5. Check that the nether works alright.
  6. Check that portals all connect and work fine.
  7. Check that pvp is enabled.
  8. Check that things like TNT and creeper block damage are disabled.
  9. Check that crop trampling is disabled.
  10. Check that PvPTimer is set so that respawn invulnerability is enabled, but the first-join protection is turned off (will be turned back on a few days following map launch).
  11. Check that ModReq is running alright.
  12. Check that Enchantism is working and running the most recent build and updated config.
  13. Check to see if Rebalance Villagers affects already spawned villagers (not an issue if it does, just worth checking).
  14. /thor buzzie71 for good measure.

I'd like a full 2 hours because there are in fact three configurations I want to cross check: survival pre-chaos, survival-chaos and survival preparation on event.  I expect it will come in at around 1.5 hours, which gives us a full half hour to thor buzzie71.  I don't work well under time constraints and it's important that we thor buzzie right.

My basic plan is as follows:

1. Back up the map and plugin configurations on the preparation server in case I get things backwards.
  2. Take down S at about 7:30 am Adelaide time.
  3. Back up the post chaos S map.
  4. Swap in the world folders and the WorldGuard config from survival preparation, with all the regions.
  5. Configure white listed with a different MOTD and bring S back up.
  6. I'll then iterate on comparisons of the other plugin configurations and restart every now and then.
  7. Once we're ready to start I'll take S down, and take a final backup of S.
  8. Thor buzzie71 while whitelisted until the appointed time.
  • Upvote 1

Put up that subreddit post I mentioned earlier on in IRC. Just confirming as well that we'll go ahead with adding in the crafting recipes for horse armour and saddles that are currently in use on PvE (but not the one for name tags, if it's possible to disable that one separately). I don't believe we have any more planned changes in regards to that sort of thing, everything that needs updating/changing has already been presented.