Evil_Person [totemo]

Evil_Person

So I just tried to log on to P.nerd for the first time since... atleast since like july and I got a notice saying "Banned: xray on survival nerd.nu/appeal"

I uh, don't exactly know what happened there... I've not even logged on in a few months now... I'd personally like to know when this happened even if I don't get unbanned, if there is a possibility that someone brieched my account I'd like to know.

If there are any screenshots of this activity I would also like to see them. As far as I know the only mods on my account are liteloader mods, I have a world edit CUI mod (Which all that does is let you see //pos1 and //pos2 selections) And... actually since the update that's it, the only other mods I usually have are waypoint and ries minimap. I don't think any of these break rules, I mean i used to have macro's that did things upon login like /nc and /ni (Which are no chat and no interact which all they do are if you loginto a server with an automatic vanish feature it lets you use the chat and interact without unvanishing.) for a /vanish plugin on a server I moderate but I hardly see how any of these are xray... lol. I've banned my fair share of xrayers on several servers. Modifications that give one an advantage take the fun out of it. If I want unlimited resources I go to a creative server.

Anyway, any help in resolving this if this is an account briech would be nice... I am just about as confused a I've ever been on this one...

Hi, I'm the moderator that banned you last year.

At the start of this year I decided to step down from my staff role to devote time to more important matters.  However, I still drop by regularly to keep tabs on appeals for bans I've issued.  In the next few minutes I'll be providing screenshots of the specific mining edits that I banned you for in subsequent comments.

You've been banned since the 25th of August of last year, so the customary 1 month ban duration has expired.  You will need to signify that you have read the rules at http://nerd.nu/rules and then an active staff member will be able to unban you.

I have quite a lot of screenshots to present, with commentary, so please bear with me while I work through it all.

I completely understand, as a moderator on another server myself, I can completely understand having to go through screenshots and such. Can never have too many of those when banning someone.

I am not one to go appealing bans, I feel if i've been banned for whatever reason that it's been fair and just.

Honestly I don't log on quite enough for the ban to really effect me, so I am more concearned about my account being hacked and such.

And yes I can confirm that I have read the rules and understand that any action I take against said rules will get me banned and/or punished. I do appologize for any inconvinence this may have caused and I have since changed my minecraft password however if said edits are edits I do not remember I will likely get a new account, not risking that.

Anyway thank you for the quick response, and any help in resolving this matter is greatly appritiated, Again I do appologize and I shall take more efforts to ensure things like this don't happen. :smile:

It's apparent from my screenshots that I first took notice of your mining on the 14th of August because of a very low ratio of stone to diamond edits: 1268 stone to mine 59 diamonds, a ratio of 21.5:1 which is 3 or 4 times more efficient than typical mining performance.  I didn't ban you at that stage.  Instead I waited for more suspicious activity.

From the looks of what I chose to focus on in my screenshots, the mining is somewhat plausible, with a few notable exceptions that I'll focus on in later comments.  The stand-out, of course, is the long stairway down to the diamond numbered 2.

MymENdI.png

cXDV6Ci.png

A note on numbering: numbers are assigned automatically based on what I have queried from the logs.  Consequently they can change depending on the sequence of queries I issued.  Numbers are assigned in ascending order by time stamp, except that diamonds are assigned numbers first, then iron, then gold, then lesser ores like coal.  So for example, querying additional iron edits will lead to increasing the numbering on gold deposits, irrespective of when they were mined relative to the iron.

In subsequent comments I'll tackle specific suspicious edits.

I'll deal with the edits in approximately descending order of suspicion.

The final two diamond edits that you made, on the 25th of August, numbered 14 and 15 overall were extremely blatant.  They were both "off-branch", meaning you tunnelled diagonally to them, as was a gold edit you made at the same time.  In a 20 minute period on that day you mined just over 300 stone to get 11 diamonds and 9 gold.

The tunnel went into the side of a branch, then descended at iron.  You went off branch to get gold and diamond 14:

MXUwbns.png

ijHjTtJ.png

MN9ezO1.png

Then you turned left, by way of gold and iron before both descending and going right to get diamond 15: (note 14 and 15 were originally numbered 1 and 2, because I initially only queried the diamond edits for the 25th, not the preceding 2 weeks).

1Z8bLPB.png

CiOeb5E.png

FFm2iJ6.png

The gold between diamonds 14 and 15 was suspicious in itself because you hollowed out a large room around the iron deposits on the branch.  The gap from the iron to the gold was two blocks.  It's not possible to keep such a low stone:diamond ratio if you are consistently, randomly mining out such large areas.  Therefore, you had foresight of the gold.

Zr9xBC3.png

M6QRZGs.png

Diamond number 2 (14th of August), as already noted, looks blatant:

3P9FcuA.png

6h3pFWa.png

Diamond number 13, from the 16th of August, is another staircase down to diamond by way of gold.  Apparently the stone edits for this had already expired by the time I looked at it (on the 25th), leaving just the ores in the logs.

5dH9sS9.png

yu4Y6MC.png

gELutF4.png

2PA5BGs.png

And, finally from the 14th, you dug out a large room to uncover diamond 7 under the branch wall (at odds with the low stone:diamond ratio on that day):

OMxqhAJ.png

For diamond 1 it appears that you dug out a room to uncover the iron above, and then dug out all around the iron, having to dig down two blocks to hit the diamond below.  People generally don't dig out all around iron, particularly in this case where the shape of the deposit makes it clear that you already have all 8 ore blocks.

fR1hna5.png

Mi7UPkR.png

That concludes the evidence I want to present.  Please wait patiently for a staff member to unban you and feel free to bump the appeal if nobody has done so within 48 hours.

Uh actually I have a bit of a problem with that assesement, I hardly ever had diamonds, so now I am sure someone was using my account, I have never even seen those tunnels before, the only place I mined was in that big open mine under pico at the time. Is there any way you could call up the ip logs from that time and see if the Ip adresses were 'off' in any way?

I am thinking about submitting an account theft thing to mojang about this now because this certainly was not me...

Edited by Evil_Person

Okay.  This mining happened on the survival server, s.nerd.nu whereas Pico is on PvE, p.nerd.nu.

I can't check the logs myself any more, however, a staff member could do an alts check to look for other accounts associated with your IP address and we might still retain chat logs that would show the exact IP address(es) used to login at that time.  A techadmin would be able to check.

I recommend that you change your password.

Edited by totemo

Alright I'll see if I can have someoen look into that, I already changed my pass. But I have to inform you I've never logged onto s.nerd... Only P.nerd and C.nerd (C.nerd is creative yes, if not then I mean the creative server) hmm very strange indeed, thank you for helping me :)