Public Arenas

TornadoHorse

Public Arenas  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How should we have the Public Arena?

• Pre-built, ready for use at the very start of the map
    • Built by players using their own resources as the map progresses
    • No official public arena
    • Neutral

For almost every revision that I can remember there has been some form of public arena on Survival. This map we have used it more than others due to it being more practical than the designated events arena. We received a mixed reaction at the start of the map when a public arena wasn't included but since then we've made use of the several public arenas build by Unce and Mrloud. How would you like to see Public Arenas made in the new revision?

• Upvote 5

I love having player built arenas, however I think that there should be some sort of a simple arena at the beginning so we don't have to wait 3+ weeks for an arena to be built. Once there is a player built arena we can discontinue use of the original one

I agree.

The keyword here is simple, too. 

That doesn't mean a laggy palace of Stone Brick Stairs under spawn, but rather a grass stadium somewhere far in the wilderness (to reduce lag) with basic PvP arena requirements. Laggy arenas really piss people off and they're unusable. I think it's about time we had some simpler arenas, far from spawn. The PvP arenas aren't for looking at, but rather to fight in. Sure, we do love some nifty decorations but we don't need Glowstone concealed behind Stair blocks to give just the right amount of light for 50+ blocks on a ceiling that people won't look at. 

Perhaps we could even have a really simple secondary arena this revision, I think people would appreciate the option of going to the usual PvP arena but also being able to fight players with lesser internet under fair conditions. Perhaps we could even keep the 'simple' arena in use. 

Anyone got thoughts on the secondary arena idea? 

Edited by EeHee2000