Enderpearl Cooldown: Part IV - A New Discussion & Poll

Mrloud15

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the enderpearl cooldown plugin?

• Yes
    • Yes, but with a different time
    • No
    • I don't care

I'd doubt that would have a fix as it's caused by players clicking in the wrong spot or holding shift as they click, djt. Well, as far as I know anyways.

I really don't think there should be a cooldown. It's not going to stop runners as the majority of 3 seconds is spent in the air by the pearl. On a few instances, yes it's going to help. But it's also going to take away the ability to quickly save ourselves, for instance - pearling out of a trap before you hit the bottom.

It means that most traps are an endgame, whereas it was possible to escape the simple drop ones before.

This plugin will take away the non-PvP aspects of pearls in order to help the PvP aspects of them.

• Upvote 2

I'd doubt that would have a fix as it's caused by players clicking in the wrong spot or holding shift as they click, djt. Well, as far as I know anyways.

Ah, I see. Well its not a major issue anyway.

At 3 seconds, the cooldown was not even noticable to me. By the time the pearl has landed, 3 seconds has already elapsed. If we are really considering a cooldown, the time length should be increased.

• Upvote 1

Ah, I see. Well its not a major issue anyway.

At 3 seconds, the cooldown was not even noticable to me. By the time the pearl has landed, 3 seconds has already elapsed. If we are really considering a cooldown, the time length should be increased.

In my opinion the time limit is perfect. The idea for this plugin, at least from when I was presenting it, was to stop spamming of pearls. Not using pearls to escape PvP, just to give the attacker a more even chance. I think it's done that pretty well, the only downside is not being able to pearl spam out of traps, but since you're essentially glitching your way up the wall I'm personally not too bothered about that.

• Upvote 2

In my opinion the time limit is perfect. The idea for this plugin, at least from when I was presenting it, was to stop spamming of pearls. Not using pearls to escape PvP, just to give the attacker a more even chance. I think it's done that pretty well, the only downside is not being able to pearl spam out of traps, but since you're essentially glitching your way up the wall I'm personally not too bothered about that.

This plugin is working perfectly for your idea of it then. Eliminating glitching out of traps is definitely a good thing.

• Upvote 1