Creative R26 Expansion 2

ROCKONN

Couple of us were wondering why the map's been expanded so soon. There's a ton of space left within the previous expansion, people're all in the middle of larger projects, and there simply isnt a need for it to've happened. What's up with that?

The reason for the expansion is primarily that it had already been planned. Our intentions to expand based on a schedule were initially announced here ("A schedule of our planned expansion times will be posted later on"), and further elaborated on in this post. The reason behind expanding the map every few weeks is to allow newer players to claim large areas upon expansions throughout the revision instead of forcing players to weave between other small builds in order to fit their large project in. The expansions were fitted to a schedule in order to give players an idea ahead of time of when the expansions would occur so that players might have a better chance to plan ahead on their builds.

I think it's become pretty clear, though, that the schedule isn't completely necessary. Just posting about a map expansion <= a week in advance would be more than enough notice, I think. I know that some people have been excited about exploring the new terrain, but I agree with you that at this time, the expansion wasn't entirely necessary. In the past, we've just expanded whenever the map has started to get a little cluttered, and while that's less organized than our current system, I think it probably worked better.

I'd actually like to hold a Creative Mumble meeting some time in the near future in order to discuss people's concerns and ideas on how to grow Creative. This will be announced more officially within a week or so, but this is one of the topics of discussion I'd be interested in hearing everyone's opinions about; there's a possibility that we might adjust our expansion plan mid-rev to take into account the progress on the revision so far.

• Upvote 2